• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
e-Doctor

DOOM II 32x PC MAPS Port

All Doom 2 Patches Can now be downloaded from romhacking.net

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5449/

Hi everyone.

After some hours work I port also Doom II Maps on 32x with minimum removals (after Successful Ultimate Doom Maps Port). Almost all Maps are as original PC DoomII except map 45 (15 for PC).

Doom2 FULL:

Level Select Expanded until level 62. Game start at level 31 (level 3 is just short level just to prevent game to crash at startup), level 1-30 are empty. So level 31 is 1 level, 45 is 15 .....

Why start at level 31? because there is not limitation like level 15 game ends etc. Now secrets exits are normal exits and secrets levels are just the next level (46-47maps). So you start at level 31 and finish level 62 - then crash,no map 63(32 levels without interruptions).

Doom2 part1:

Game start at level 1 and finish at level 15, then go to last level 23 (contains pc maps from 1-16)

Doom2 part2:

Game start at level 1 and finish at level 15, then go to last level 23 (contains pc maps from 17-32)

Some Maps where really huge for 32x (2 maps where 200kb and must be shrink to 100kb). Although I find the way without splitting them. Only map 15 (Map 45 for this port) needed to remove a room to make it work without crushing. 

Video demo of my work.

Download Link DOOM2 FULL V1.03  (All maps in one starting from level 31-62) (Fix lot bugs for many Map)

DOOM II 32X Full

DOOM II 32x NTSC FULL

Download Link DOOM2 part1  V1.03 (first 16 maps  starting from level 1-15 and 23 last as original)

DOOM II 32X part1

DOOM II 32X NTSC part1

Download Link DOOM2 part2  V1.03 (last 16 maps  starting from level 1-15 and 23 last as original)

DOOM II 32X part2

DOOM II 32X NTSC part2

Ultimate Doom Port can be found at my posts

Enjoy possibly the best DOOM II maps port on retro consoles ever.

Edited by e-Doctor : added romhacking links

Good job. Too bad there are no Doom 2 monsters, but I know that's impossible to do without rewriting the source code.

But what about the soundtrack? There is no way to edit it?

6 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Good job. Too bad there are no Doom 2 monsters, but I know that's impossible to do without rewriting the source code.

But what about the soundtrack? There is no way to edit it?

Soundtrack is not available inside wad (or the extractor couldnt find it or support sound) . I search google if someone has find a way but nothing. If we have source code then all limitation will eleminated. 

Btw if someone knows which  hex address has the level 15 limitation (finish game or last level 23 transfer) will help tranfer maps to level 1.

It seems to have a similar solution for performance as the GBA version of Doom II, just add walls and the like to reduce visibility. It's honestly a very clever solution.

18 hours ago, e-Doctor said:

Soundtrack is not available inside wad (or the extractor couldnt find it or support sound) . I search google if someone has find a way but nothing. If we have source code then all limitation will eleminated. 

Btw if someone knows which  hex address has the level 15 limitation (finish game or last level 23 transfer) will help tranfer maps to level 1.

As far as I know soundtrack never placed inside the console IWAD file. You can find it in another section which not related for Doom resources like sprites, textures or maps.

Anyway, I didn't noticed that in first looking, but your texture placement on wads sometimes is really strange (and sometimes I saw texture misaligments). I know that it wasn't easy job, but maybe you could try to replace some original textures into Doom 2 textures? For using them on your Doom 2 maps to make their look more "fitting"?

Does the 32x port lack rotations for the rocket sprite?  It's funny to see them come out backwards like that.

On 20.11.2017 at 8:24 PM, Reiken said:

Does the 32x port lack rotations for the rocket sprite?  It's funny to see them come out backwards like that.

It's SCARY to see that Pinkies does strafe things.

Interesting look of old levels...

P.S. I wonder if somebody can add Lost Levels from Final Doom/Master Levels to real PSX...

Edited by riderr3

14 hours ago, riderr3 said:

P.S. I wonder if somebody can add Lost Levels from Final Doom/Master Levels to real PSX...

Nobody can do this. I've tried a lot of times, but got nothing special. I've asked kaiser for help, but got nothing. So we can' do anything with this.

I'm seriously impressed with what you've done here, as I would expect Maps 13, 15, 24 and 30 to be chokepoints considering that they are either spacious or have the Icon of Sin enemy.

Updated Doom2 Full (fix a  lot of bugs for some levels).

Added also split versions (2 roms, 1st with level 1-16, and 2nd with level 17-32). Split versions start from level 1 as original 32x doom.