Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Firefox Quantum changed the entire UI

Which Firefox UI/browser do you like better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which Firefox UI do you like better?

Eh.  As UI updates go, this one didn't really phase me.  It's just a little bit fiddled with compared to the previous version, hardly comparable to things like the travesties that the idiots at GNOME and Ubuntu foisted on their users.  Although one of the first things I looked up was how to get rid of that stupid "recommended by Pocket" thing.  I still don't want your damn Pocket, geez.

Firefox does suck for some other reasons (foremost being the memory hogging/performance degradation over time) but it seems like the least-broken option over here on Linux (all those "lightweight" browsers generally end up meaning "we don't have a lot of the features that you will very definitely notice the lack of" so I end up having to kick up FF for this or that anyway...)

It just seems that browsers, like OSes, are all bad.  You end up having to pick the bad you can tolerate.

11 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

It just seems that browsers, like OSes, are all bad.  You end up having to pick the bad you can tolerate.

It's like the slogan for Mutt, "All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less."

It's faster and it looks slick.

What's not to like?

Sure, some plugins may be broken right now, but that will be fixed for most of them as time goes on.

1 hour ago, Manuel-K said:

It's still leaking memory like mad.

I'd say you can blame Javascript for that. There's no chance in hell that any browser can control this abomination.

41 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

I'd say you can blame Javascript for that. There's no chance in hell that any browser can control this abomination.

Probably. Almost all other excuses (i.e. the legacy addons and Flash) are gone.