Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomKid123

Custom textures and monster wherabouts?

Recommended Posts

a really great starting point would be realm667: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/

 

that site has a lot of good resources for all of the things you mentioned. another good source of stuff is the zdoom forums; here is the resources section of the forum where people often post resources that are free to be used. you can also check out the mods section of the forums, as mods can be good sources of pre-compiled material, but you would have to ensure that you have permission to use any resources that you're pulling from a mod. additionally, there's the spriting carnival thread on the zdoom forums too, where people post stuff that's usually incomplete, but sometimes you find some gems in there that are complete. that thread is many years old though, so I'm sure most of the image links from 2+ years ago are broken.

 

for textures, I think those are for some reason released very infrequently as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

 

Edited by Tango

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Tango said:

for textures, I think those are for some reason released as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

 

Yes, there is.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31139

 

And also Afterglow's texture site here at Doomworld. Most of these have been uploaded to Realm667, I think, but there might be some that weren't.

https://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures/

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Tango said:

a really great starting point would be realm667: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/

 

that site has a lot of good resources for all of the things you mentioned. another good source of stuff is the zdoom forums; here is the resources section of the forum where people often post resources that are free to be used. you can also check out the mods section of the forums, as mods can be good sources of pre-compiled material, but you would have to ensure that you have permission to use any resources that you're pulling from a mod. additionally, there's the spriting carnival thread on the zdoom forums too, where people post stuff that's usually incomplete, but sometimes you find some gems in there that are complete. that thread is many years old though, so I'm sure most of the image links from 2+ years ago are broken.

 

for textures, I think those are for some reason released very infrequently as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

 

Realm667 possibly contains viruses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, DoomKid123 said:

Realm667 possibly contains viruses.

 

Nope. It doesn't. Nobody would put their stuff if this page would contain viruses. 

Share this post


Link to post

R667 has had a difficult history with hacking iirc, so it can still set off alarm bells if you try and go there (I had it when I tried to visit today actually), but I believe it's been ok for the last couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

R667 has had a difficult history with hacking iirc, so it can still set off alarm bells if you try and go there (I had it when I tried to visit today actually), but I believe it's been ok for the last couple of years.

ah I forgot about that. iirc though it has been a few years since there was an issue. I personally haven't had any problems in the last 3+ years

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×