Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Sky glitch, what problem?

Only in a specific map happen these skys glitch. This glitch make me see trought wall and I can see another rooms... If I copy this map and move on another level, the problem with sky is the same, also something is wrong witch map.

I dont see any mistace of routing, because in all maps is ok... what sort of problem can be?

Ok, it seems another problem. Output of PrBoom-Plus says SKY3 is missing, complains about missing textures and refuses to run it, with plutonia.wad as IWAD. GZDoom, which complains about F_START and F_END markers (there are two instances of the latter), can run it, and there are obvious HOMs in the outdoor zone.

It sounds to me like messed up TEXTURE1/PNAMES lumps, and it’s interesting that you have swapped them, according to wad-js viewer. Another user who can run Slade3 may give you more accurate instructions to fix your wad.

Try recompile texture set and use base(from Doom2) TEXTUREx lump for your custom textures. Everything is messy, to be honest. I could try recompile everything, but no promises. 

Leaving aside the messed up TEXTURE1 / PNAMES (you should import them from the base IWAD and edit them, not write them from the scratch) and others lumps, it seems for me a possible bug or issue of the hardware renderer (or the internal node builder of GZDoom, perhaps), which freaks out. Software rendering of PrBoom-Plus does work OK.

Your first version I have cleaned and rebuilt using DeuTex and ZenNode (yes, DeuTex and ZenNode for DOS) does the same thing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ikbelyws2q0wb1/cleaned.zip?dl=1