Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
42PercentHealth

Texture all untextured surfaces in DB2?

Question

Hey everybody,

Is there a way to just apply a single texture to all sidedefs that are missing one? For now, I just want my level to be playable for testing, and I don't care if everything is startan. I've made an area, but there are literally a couple hundred sides that are missing an upper and/or lower texture, and I don't want to have to go through these one-by-one.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Another way you can do this is to use the Find and Replace function.  Select "Sidedef Texture" under search type, then put "-" under find and then the texture you want to replace under "Replace With".  This should apply your selected texture to all untextured walls.

usually DB2 puts startan everywhere you make a sector in "make sector mode" (m). You can also "check map for errors" and go through the missing textures one by one and put startan in.

That's normal because the builder does not put textures where the player can't look, if that makes any sense. So if you play with ceiling heights, you get "naked" side-defs. I always thought those would also get a "standard texture" if you blaze through with "make sector mode" though (after changing heights)... If not, try "check map" and click'em through.

Alternatively, if you enter linedef mode, you can drag-select all linedefs, and just drop frontside and backside startan all over the place. Note that this will break "illusio-pits" which are used for "insta-pop" monster reveals

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

are you talking about filling lots of disconnected lines specifically? as in, something that wouldn't be solved by the shift + left click shortcut to select adjacent lines of the same texture?

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I always thought those would also get a "standard texture" if you blaze through with "make sector mode" though (after changing heights)...

Eureka does this, it either places GRAY1 as default for upper/lowers OR steals the upper and lower texture from the previous sector you drew.... which is good for preventing homs but shit for having switches look right as I've learned from my own maps... I don't think there is an option to toggle it either sadly.

27 minutes ago, Mechadon said:

Another way you can do this is to use the Find and Replace function.  Select "Sidedef Texture" under search type, then put "-" under find and then the texture you want to replace under "Replace With".  This should apply your selected texture to all untextured walls.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!!

I found that before, but I was looking at things that start with "Linedef" so I missed it. Stupid me! :-P