The Joy of Mapping 5: Winter Weekend - BETA 2 RELEASED!

It looks interesting, but it's a deep night in time ... Mapping at night is not the best idea for me.

I will follow the project, waiting for the final compilation.

21 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

It looks interesting, but it's a deep night in time ... Mapping at night is not the best idea for me.

I will follow the project, waiting for the final compilation.

I think you've misunderstood? The mapping phase will run from midnight on December 1st to midnight on December 4th, but you can join the session and map as and when you like, for as long as you like, during that period - if daylight hours suit you best, that's no problem.

1 person likes this

I'm in. Been looking for a project to jumpstart my creativity lately; I mostly ran dry on inspiration after September or so.

1 person likes this

Much respect Jimmy for your time here; count me in.

1 person likes this

I guess, I'm joining too. I don't have much confidence over my mapping skills, even if I built a lot of them this year.

1 person likes this

A million times yes! After the great (Cacoward-worthy) creation that was JOM4: Summer School, I'm hoping for more great things from this edition.

2 people like this

I will be ready for the joys of mapping. I'm guessing I will develop my own e4m8

Edited by RonLivingston

10 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

I will be ready for the joys of mapping. I'm guessing I will develop my own e4m8 with the icon of sin. which is actually going to be for my projects I'm already working on

Not a good idea to be planning a map before I've even announced the themes for the episodes.

Although given your recent track record, I am hesitant to give you an inch, especially since no one seems to be able to teach you that "plagiarism = bad".

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Kurashiki said:

Do I have a chance to see rev santa?

Rev Santa? Sure, why not? :D

1cf016bb09.gif1cf016bb09.gif1cf016bb09.gif1cf016bb09.gif

7 people like this

i wait in eager anticipation for this map pack to begin im not going to enter myself im working on CP_hydro for TF2 right now but i am very interested to see what becomes of it

Good luck to everyone! Unfortunately I'm traveling that weekend so can't contribute, but I'll hang out in the Discord in case anyone needs any advice before or after, and no-one more qualified is awake. :)

1 person likes this

Ahhhhh the mini-team of mappers to work on an episode is REALLY tempting! This might have to be the first Joy session I join in on.

5 people like this

I think this guy named @SOSU i going to join. ( ;) )

Edited by SOSU

Screw it. I'm in!

This will be my first Doom map, but I did build several dozen Duke3D maps in the 90's, so I'm not completely new to the process. I'll get better acquainted with GZDoom Builder in the meantime.

If I could be slotted for an earlier map, I'd appreciate it (this way I can get away with my map being a little simpler).

Edited by OldManRage
3 people like this

I'm in a bit of a dilemma of whether to join or not.

On one hand, i have potential for a good map, on the other hand, i'm lazy and usually get off my maps early after the first room is created.

^ This goes for you, and for anyone else who might have doubts about making a map: the Discord has tutors who are there at any time to help out with anything where possible! The idea of these sessions is very much to help boost young mappers' confidence and help them towards the goal of making a complete map, especially if it's their first time doing so.

8 people like this

O-oh no does this mean I have to make a start on things now? A-aaah ;_;

1 person likes this

I'd like to sign up for an E2 map. I haven't made a non hocusdoom map in a while.

1 person likes this

Very much want to join in, gotta see if I can rearrange some things in my schedule first though :|

I will join as well! Had a lot of fun with the last session. I've also been wanting to make a map with snow in it.

1 person likes this