Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Good multiplayer / Coop Games.

With the Steams Autumn Sale, I'm looking to buy some games that both me and my son can play together on pc. What are your favorite games to play with people you know? Preferably Co-op. Left 4 Dead and Left for Dead 2 are both $2 a piece. Looking into Quake and doom coop as well. What Coop games do you enjoy?

Lego worlds is fun to play with my daughter. I'd recommend it if he's into Lego at all.

Also, the steam link is on sale for 4.99 and it's actually pretty nice. I just ordered a second one ;)

Edited by MrDeAD1313

Terraria all the way. Get it, take the dive, complete your life. It has a ton of depth to its every crevice, part of the effect of a team of dedicated devs adding more and more to an already finished game over the years; general progression can be handled in a myriad of ways, including just going fishing lol. In terms of coop, terraria also has a class system and it is really cool to play through with another person or two, not to mention nothing is better than the speed of 2 people digging straight down over 1, or 3 digging to the side over 1 or 2, heh.

Tbh, I think terraria is also one of the few games with the potential for any sort of counter-op mode, in that through the PvP and team system you can effectively play with another person(s), but against them for an entire playthrough. This is something I've always wanted to do lol. Scheduling would be a bitch and unfortunately there would have to be at least an honor system on players not to play without others, grab stuff from other worlds, or use a map viewer program, if not some basic rules like npc homes are safe zones or something, but 2v2 or 1v1v1 would be sweet.

L4D series is one of good options for Co-op play. Basically, any FPS with decent multiplayer mode won't fall into the wrong direction.

Besides the FPS, real-time strategy game can be a good choice, too. Games like Starcraft and Age of Empires II HD are one of best options to play with your teammates. But only if the players know the mechanism of the game, like basic build orders, concept of race(civilization), counter system, etc.

BattleBlock Theater is insanely fun in both Co-op and Versus.

Helldivers, a twin-stick shooter with objective team play and 12 skill levels. Buy the deluxe edition (-50%) to get the most fun of it.

The Payday games are good.

If you can't afford Payday 2 because its like 40 dollars then just get Payday: The Heist but be warned because its really hard.

Also Cuphead is fun (i'm going to regret saying this in like a year)

Going to break up my recommendations into three categories and trying to post stuff not normally recommended.

The Small Games category are games you can pretty much pick up and play

Campaign Games are games with actual campaigns/progression

And the final category are survival games

Anything underlined are games I highly recommend and have played a lot myself

Co-op Small Games

Overcooked

Bloody Trapland

Risk of Rain

Don't Starve Together

Paint the Town Red

Co-op Campaign games

Earth Defense Force

Syndicate (hugely recommend this severely overlooked reboot; only caveat is you need Origin)

Unloved

Shadow Warrior 2

Rage

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation

Far Cry 4 (the only caveat here is that you can't do missions in coop but it sure is fun to screw around in the world and take over outposts, especially when one of you has the little ghetto helicopters)

The Darkness 2

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Portal 2

Co-op Horde/Tower Defense/Survival games

Sanctum 1 and 2

Orcs Must Die! 2

Iron Brigade

The Forest (kinda half survival based half exploration)

Ryse: Son of Rome

Other games that havent been mentioned:

Warframe (Free Third Person Shooter/Slasher)

Alien Swarm (Free Top Down Shooter)

Dead Island

Dying Light

Torchlight 2

Path of Exile (Free Action-RPG)

Grim Dawn

Resident Evil 5

Saints Row 3 & 4

Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War 2

Broforce (Absolutely hilarious Side-Scroller)

Edited by vinnie245

7 hours ago, vinnie245 said:

Warframe

Dead Island

Dying Light

Torchlight 2

Grim Dawn

Saints Row 3 & 4

I also recommend these games but I will also recommend my own:

• Resident Evil 6
  • Castle Crashers
  • Plague Inc: Evolved
  • Serious Sam 2
  • Serious Sam 3
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • Sniper Elite 3 & 4
  • Viscera Cleanup Detail
  • 8 Bit Armies
  • Borderlands & Borderlands 2 (and pre-sequel)
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  • Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator/The Hollywood Roast
  • Rocket League
  • Scourge: Outbreak
  • Shadow Warrior 2
  • Sven Co-op
  • System Shock 2
  • The Division
  • Far Cry 4 (Side mission/completionist stuff)
  • Doom / Doom 2 via Zandronum ;)

I once tried Hexen II with its co-op mode with a guy at TAFE, we didn't get that far but it was fun while it lasted.