Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Rollercoaster Tycoon Parks

Just wanted to make a thread to shamelessly plug my new Rollercoaster Tycoon timelapse video. In the description I've also included a link for 4 of my parks, as well as 4 blank slate scenarios that are really convenient to use as a base for your own park. I know some of you are RCT fans, so I hope you enjoy this.

I'd really like to see some parks from fellow doomers as well. If any of you play, please share what you've made!

I love Roller Coaster Tycoon! One of my 5 favorite games ever. I haven't played it in quite a few years though, I really should remedy that.

Holy shit, that was awesome. Nice video Doomkid!

Thanks to all of you for the comments! The game is pretty cheap these days, to anyone who hasn't tried it, I wholly recommend it.

Oh man, my fondest childhood memories lay in the first two Roller Coaster Tycoon games. That's one hell of a park!

You should totally build a roller coaster into that volcano. 

If only I could grab some of the parks I made when I was younger, alas old computer which has been long disposed of. Great video and it has brought back a lot of fond memories.

6 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Wasn't there a 3d addon where you could ride your parks in 3d ?

That's Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. It's a pretty good sequel, but it removed a lot of the simplicity of the first games, and I think you can argue that the sprite-based graphics are more charming to the eyes as well.

Very nice video. It's too bad that the heavy compression makes it so blurry. I assume that this is YouTube's fault.

11 hours ago, grouchbag said:

Just bought on GOG the other day.Am going to try it out this weekend.

You should try OpenRCT2. It fixes many annoyances.

I appreciate all the comments people :) and yes, if you're just starting, OpenRCT2 is probably the best way to run the game

Would that be the one that says thrill ride?If so, that's the one I bought.Hope it's the right one?And thanks for the heads up! :)

14 hours ago, grouchbag said:

Would that be the one that says thrill ride?If so, that's the one I bought.Hope it's the right one?And thanks for the heads up! :)

No, it's a new executable/engine (not quite a source port, because it isn't based on the original source code) for the game. You can use it with the game assets from GOG. Install ”RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack“ somewhere, then install OpenRCT2 in another folder and run that. You might have to manually select the folder that contains the original game.

GitHub page: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/

Official website: https://openrct2.website/

In-official website that hosts the quasi-official Forums: http://openrct2.org/

All I ever did was play RC3, build a sick ass RC and then kill a lot of people with it.