Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

Just Found An Insane (Updated) MIDI Library

So, songsterr.com is a website with a tool that converts GP5 tabs from Guitar Pro into interactive sheet music based on the instrument you're trying to play. With a free account, if you click the link to submit a revision of the current song you're viewing, you will be able to download the GP5 file. Then, you can take that file and upload it to www.tabplayer.online. Then you can download the converted MIDI track and import it into Slade or whatever. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agusPB0QvvwXsvnMxwyAYY0ecbSVoGvw/view?usp=sharing

This fucking brutal MIDI version of The Royal - Arga is one that I've always wanted to put it into a Doom map. Just sharing this so people can expand their library of BGM for their future WADs instead of recycling MAP20 of Alien Vendetta.

Edited by stru

Nice. I made a midi a couple of days ago but only have an ogg version of it because the daw I used to create it doesn't have gm bank customization so every track in the midi version gets exported as piano which sucks :( I posted about it in the creative work thread and was hoping for some feedback and hoping someone could help me modify the midi to have the proper instruments but I never got any replies sadly

I'm getting better with MIDI. I've got FL Studio which I'm pretty familiar with. I'm good at note editing, and I could utilize the full MIDI soundbank. Composition - not so much. Idk how people like Jimmy and Stew make such full, complex tracks with so many layers. I've broken down some of theirs and I'm just like "...wtf...how did he know to add x instrument.."

Like seriously, listen to this shit. 

22 minutes ago, stru said:

Like seriously, listen to this shit. 

This is one of my favorite MIDI in Valiant. That's why this is included as one of 3 MIDIs I picked for my CChest Map29 run video.

holy buttons that arga midi was heckin amazing

i have a question though: some songs have multiple tracks but it only lets me download the midi for the first track even if i switch to a different one

halp :c

7 hours ago, therektafire said:

Nice. I made a midi a couple of days ago but only have an ogg version of it because the daw I used to create it doesn't have gm bank customization so every track in the midi version gets exported as piano which sucks :( I posted about it in the creative work thread and was hoping for some feedback and hoping someone could help me modify the midi to have the proper instruments but I never got any replies sadly

I wouldn't call it a DAW, when you can't change your MIDI settings ..:-)

3 hours ago, bonnie said:

i have a question though: some songs have multiple tracks but it only lets me download the midi for the first track even if i switch to a different one

halp :c

Not sure what you mean. I've seen a couple songs on Songsterr that only have the guitars and nothing else. But the ones with full tracks for each instrument seem to convert just fine. 

Spoiler

I followed that tutorial to actually get the GP5 file. But uploading to Tabplayer is pretty straight forward. You choose to upload your file. Once it's complete, you just click to download as MIDI. All of the tracks should be included. If not, the GP5 file might be fucked. Idk mate :/ 

@stru i didnt do any of those things i just looked for the song i wanted on tabplayer and it said "4 tracks" next to it with options to look at each track but when i downloaded the midi it kept giving me the midi for only one of the tracks

5 hours ago, DoomGater said:

I wouldn't call it a DAW, when you can't change your MIDI settings ..:-)

Well technically it is, but it's designed for mobile and not PC so it has some limitations :/ its called caustic 3.2 and other than the midi issues it's pretty good overall, better than fl studio mobile anyway and cheaper too :D It's sort of Reason ish in the way it's set up because you have the same rack setup with one synth per track/rack slot and 2 FX per track but you there is a modular synth you can bus tracks through to give more effects (but that itself takes up a track and you only have 14 tracks to work with so if you want to do really sonically complex stuff you will have to export the stems of the sound and bounce it back in as a sample, luckily there is a relatively new feature that helps you with that called merge rack to instrument)