Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoodGuy

For how much longer will the Doom modding community last?

3 hours ago, darkreaver said:

My plan is to have my most productive years in Doom mapping when I retire, or even end up in a retirement home. Coop-ing the classic megawads with my retirement home buddies.

That sounds like a great way to live out any remaining days of a die hard Doomer. I'll be right there with ya.

forever.

new people are getting introduced to the game all the time it seems, so this wont die out

I dont see this community ever dying.  Kids today are still playing and creating new content.  And im willing to bet, new source ports will come, and new graphic enhancers will be created and new tools for editing your own maps will be implimented.  In my opinion, doom will never die.  Me personally ive never got sick of it.  I love all the id games but i come back to doom the most, so I know ill be playing it well over 20-30 years from now.

People have been asking themselves the same about things in the past. When will classical music die, are classical films (or videogames) the end of purely written media (i.e. books), or the classic "video killed the radio star". My prediction? As with all truly great things, the Doom community won't ever die.