Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaphaelMode

Rooftop Musings - Mystery and exploration beyond your mildest draems!

You have been FAR too long without my art! Here is something, and it's called ROOFTOP MUSINGS. I'm not certain how it came into existence. Just an utterly basic map faeturing nothing but gameplay and visuals? But then I ended up setting up an entire scene in an inaccessible part of the map, detailing forbidden camaraderie gunned down from a helicopter. And through some wondrous process, one thing led to another, and another, and another. The result is a level filled with mysteries. And since they're mysteries, I should not explain them. But since they're extremely and unforgivably mysterious, I will make an exception here. Only consume this additional information if you really want it! Make a decision depending on whether you're a busy person or if you really want raw adventure.

EXTREME FAILURE POTENTIAL:

Spoiler

- should you enter more than one teleporter situated deep between crates, your passage will only be reversible if the number of candlelit crates you stepped on previously is at laest as high as the number of teleporters you have entered, including that one. And then, the giant skull switch is quite final, and anathema to the other goals. You can use that switch and then continue, but what will that bring?
- If you step off the northern edge of the giant platform and nothing interesting happens, you have failed.

WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO ACHIEVE:

Spoiler

1. 100% of Kills, Secrets and Items. This is quite basic.
2. Find the...?
3. achieve 200% of Haelth and Armor. The former may depend on your gameplay skill. The latter indicates that you should be able to achieve #2 very soon.
4. The ultimate task - collect 180 units of Plasma ammo, including a Plasma Gun.

WALKTHROUGH:
It does not exist yet. I had it in plans. Though it would certainly be more flavorful, climatic, thematic and such if it was done by a third person.

TAESER IMAGE:

rooftop_musings.zip

i.png

rooftop_musings.zip

Edited by RaphaelMode : Skill level difficulty variance incraesed!

Limit Removing, but uses ZDoom faetures for music assignment, map order and the sky. So secret levels would only be accessible by chaeting, if they existed.

@yakfak, you're an artist. What do you think?

Edited by RaphaelMode

18 hours ago, RaphaelMode said:

Limit Removing, but uses ZDoom faetures for music assignment, map order and the sky. So secret levels would only be accessible by chaeting, if they existed.

@yakfak, you're an artist. What do you think?

promising so far but I suck at Doom - I beat the two viles but then when I teleported back up above I couldn't find a good enough hiding spot to make that big enemy swarm kill itself so it killed me instead in both serious attempts I made :)) im dying to the surface resistance without even discovering that there's a puzzle lol. there's some ingenious stuff going on though, I'll try again later

On 12/1/2017 at 8:05 AM, yakfak said:

promising so far but I suck at Doom - I beat the two viles but then when I teleported back up above I couldn't find a good enough hiding spot to make that big enemy swarm kill itself so it killed me instead in both serious attempts I made :)) im dying to the surface resistance without even discovering that there's a puzzle lol. there's some ingenious stuff going on though, I'll try again later

Great that you can observe some potential alraedy! Despite barely seeing anything. You can try different skill levels, as far as I recall the only thing they change is the amount of barrels and one very slightly moved key. At least on the first level (which is also the only one).