Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

What do you eat?

Arctangent, you seem to be a decent person.I am a vegetarian.Meanining I don't eat meat or animal products.I have nothing against anyone who eats meat.So let up, please.Have a nice weekend everyone!

Tacos, spaghetti, chicken salad, macaroni salad, taco salad, meat & cheese bean dip, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, chili, chili dogs, rice (with chicken sometimes), puppies, kittens, the wandering souls of the damned, and good ol' PB&J. I also like a lot of fruits.

As for snacks, triscuits and cheez-its are common in the home, especially those Tabasco sauce ones.

Usually I eat burritos with tomato, chili, chickpea or bean, vegetable/etc sauce, mix it with some peanut butter or tahini and hemp seeds and cheddar. Sometimes I eat chicken. Sometimes I make pizza, like yesterday. I only put some red pesto, sundried tomatos and black olives, then mozzarella, bluecheese and cheddar. The base had rye, sunflower, sesame and poppyflower seeds and turmeric powder. It tastes like spaghetti sauce with meat.

For desserts I make jam and chocolate buns or chocolate chip cookies, or just eat chocolate, and some liquorice. Maybe sometimes ice cream or that other that's somewhere between yoghurt and ice cream. Then I have a half eaten box of dates and some pistachios.

7 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

Having a different meaning of "what's alive" is a pretty concerning sign, y'know, especially when it seems pretty arbitrary.

Is this where you're gonna try and talk yourself up to some moral high ground based on somebody else's different concept of what's "alive" and what isn't? My goodness, I wish I had that much time on my hands.

5 minutes ago, grouchbag said:

Arctangent, you seem to be a decent person.I am a vegetarian.Meanining I don't eat meat or animal products.I have nothing against anyone who eats meat.So let up, please.Have a nice weekend everyone!

That still means that you having a diet of non-living stuff is outright incorrect, considering you flat-out don't even consume any of the stuff that isn't alive and yet still carries more than trace amount of nutritional value.

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

Is this where you're gonna try and talk yourself up to some moral high ground based on somebody else's different concept of what's "alive" and what isn't? My goodness, I wish I had that much time on my hands.

Man, your schedule must truly suck if you think pointing out that plants and fungi are just as much living beings as animals would take waaaaaaaaaaay too much time for you to do.

The only thing I've ever eaten that I didn't like was sea urchin. I will eat literally anything, and if I haven't had it before, I'll try it.

It must fall into the category of "food" though. Obviously, I'll give the dog-shit casserole a pass, thanks.

I eat about 1,000 calories per day yet I still gain weight.

Well, now that I had gone on a diety thingy, I have cereal in the morning, and then, whatever with rye bread once a day later. I like putting peanut butter on bananas :3 Still I gotta watch how much I eat. I make sure to eat at least 1 warm meal a day, mostly for morale and health (eating dry and cold all the time leaves me moody), and I dodge pastries and sugar like they were the products of Devil. Lost 5 kgs so far, for a 3-week thingy.

Don't mind me, I like eating everything that isn't a direct sea product (stuff like clams or squids stuff like that), and I would enjoy some pastry/candy big time in no time, but I wanna shoot down my weight so I gotta cross them out as well.

My english sucks.

Why does every food thread on this forum have an argument in it.

Why do you hate food Doomworld.

1 hour ago, Megalyth said:

I'll give the dog-shit casserole a pass, thanks.

C'mon, just try a little taste. You might love it!

19 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I make Colorado-style green chili once a month or so.

first time I'm hearing of this, somehow. Looks legit, gonna try it out ;D

18 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

first time I'm hearing of this, somehow. Looks legit, gonna try it out ;D

It's basically like this, though obviously it tastes different each place you get it.  My own is my favorite, followed by Santiago's and a few local-only places.

Spoiler

88244d1323326247-colorado-style-green-ch

Well, I eat what I have like rice, potatoes, meat and so on except insects, eggs and some mushrooms.

I usually walk into work with a yogurt, a banana, and some form of granola bar, which I slowly eat over the first 3 hours.  Once or twice a week I"ll buy a breakfast sandwich.

For lunch I usually just want to get something quick and get back to whatever I was doing, so most of the time I get one of these: Thai food, pho, Chipotle, or Chickfila.  I don't even think Chickfila and Chipotle are that good, but geographical convenience wins out (and even someone like me needs some variety every now and then).

Don't know what to put for dinner.  I try to avoid fried foods.  Spicy is good.  Bad for me would be mushrooms, tomato chunks/whole, sour cream, cheeses besides cheddar/mozzarella/a couple others, eggplant, condiments like mayo/ranch/most things with vinegar, and probably a bunch of other stuff too.  Oh, and fuck red onions.

I live in Texas.. and eat all of the stereotypical Texan food.. chili, steak, bbq, mexican food. I have been known to eat a pizza from time to time. Vegetables are prolly my favorite snack however.. so my bowels are always clean and ready for more chili, steak, bbq, and mexican food :D.

Oh.. and tamales especially.. tamales are the best.

I usually eat healthily, but I hate fruits and fish. From fruits I eat absolutely nothing and from fish I can eat tuna and fish that are cooked like fishsticks (I mean cooked with toast covering them).

Otherwise, I can devour practically anything and I like to mix things up quite a bit (I have tried some awesome combos in the past). And once in a while I will have some sweets. Most of the time though, when I start eating sugar and chocolate, I have trouble stopping, so I try to limit sweets to once or twice in a week.

Spiced rice + almost everything is always good (Especially peas, beans and fish). Spaghetti and fettuccine too! i don't like red meat (And no pork) much especially not in big quantities because I don't like the texture and my stomach hurts for a while (acid). Chicken are fine but only breast. Kinda picky but most of it is meat and not liking to eat a lot of it [except fish, which doesn't irritate my body for some reason].

Just give me rice + any 3 vegetables\spices and I'll do fine I guess. Tuna Ramen works too. (But not daily, am not gonna eat tuna 7 days a week)

I primarily subsist on pizza and Hamburger Helper, as well as the occasional spaghetti. Sometimes I like to indulge in some chocolate or some ice cream now and then. Cheese curds are something I like to snack on, along with pepperoni. Green beans are something I have every so often, as well as tater tots and such. And once in a blue moon, I'll go for lasagna or meatball marinara.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:47 AM, Nine Inch Heels said:

you don't want me anywhere near a salad bar, because I fucking love salad.

I hate salad TBH. Why have an $7 salad when I can get an $8 pizza?

Salad can be so easy to get right, too.  Spinach, walnuts, olives, parmesan cheese, and vinegar.  BAM! Low effort meal right there.

23 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Because the salad is healthier.

Good for you, I don't want to eat something I don't like just because it's healthier. I may have problems later but I don't really care.

Pizza , absolutely love the stuff. Frozen or fresh it doesn't matter , I'll eat it. Pizza Hut is my mecca when it comes to food , there's nothing nicer than their plain cheese stuffed crust and a pint of vanilla coke. Heaven.

pizza.jpg

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Because the salad is healthier.

Salad is great, especially with some balsamic vinaigrette or cilantro dressing. I don't like that manufactured dressing (the weird thick white stuff), I just try to get the natural stuff.

Speaking of, I've been trying to eat healthier for awhile now. Lots and lots of cabbage soup, all vegetables. Very filling and a giant pot lasts for days. Feels good man.