Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Tekgren Tension 2 [Playtest]

Recommended Posts

A short map I've been tinkering on for a while. Gameplay can be challenging, plenty of traps in this short map. Kept a focus on fun and intersting gameplay. It needs (G)Zdoom or any other Zdoom based port. Gameplay might still need some additional work. I hope you like it :)

 

dd_tek2.zip

TT1.png

TT2.png

TT3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Cute little map, with a lot of care put into TEKGREN and METAL* texture alignments.

What was ZDoom needed for, though ?
The monster spawns could be done in Boom or even vanilla, with some dummy sector wizardry.

Share this post


Link to post

Very nice looking map, was good fun to play through and just the right difficulty level for me. The traps/teleports kept things interesting rather than annoying for a change and the monster selection was spot on, well done!

 

Good to see your still mapping Dutch!.... you know ... this almost feels like a map01 start of a megawad :-) 

Share this post


Link to post

Not a fan of maps with too many teleporting enemies, but in this case it was small groups with no big threats so it wasn't annoying.

Enjoyable small map. Recorded my playthrough:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

Cute little map, with a lot of care put into TEKGREN and METAL* texture alignments.

What was ZDoom needed for, though ?
The monster spawns could be done in Boom or even vanilla, with some dummy sector wizardry.

I have ocd when it comes to aligning textures :p Most work went into that. I didn't really needed Zdoom other than using some flats as wall textures. Even my monsters closets were done with lifts and doors to release the monsters at a certain time. Wanted to be creative with that. I didn't really need Zdoom for this map. When I started on it I just rolled with it, didn't changed the format as I was going along.

1 hour ago, Liberation said:

Very nice looking map, was good fun to play through and just the right difficulty level for me. The traps/teleports kept things interesting rather than annoying for a change and the monster selection was spot on, well done!

 

Good to see your still mapping Dutch!.... you know ... this almost feels like a map01 start of a megawad :-) 

Thanks, glad you liked it. It could be a good starter map for a megawad, seems perfect for the lower level slots :) I'm still mapping, but I'm not very active anymore. I try to put stuff out when I can, just way too busy with other things right now.

1 hour ago, guineu said:

Not a fan of maps with too many teleporting enemies, but in this case it was small groups with no big threats so it wasn't annoying.

Enjoyable small map. Recorded my playthrough:

 

 

Thank you for the video, I'll watch in a sec. There's indeed quite a few teleporting enemies, just went crazy implementing those. I had fun working on this, thats what matters most in the end.

Share this post


Link to post

Fun map, as expected from Dutch Devil. It really is great to see more stuff from you!

 

 

...I got lost because I'm stupid and didn't see a switch. Somewhat high pressure using limited space and low-tier monsters, real bueno.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Octavarium said:

Fun map, as expected from Dutch Devil. It really is great to see more stuff from you!

 

...I got lost because I'm stupid and didn't see a switch. Somewhat high pressure using limited space and low-tier monsters, real bueno.

Sorry you got lost :( The switches are kinda small and easy to overlook. The map is somewhat non-linear which can add to the confusion. Wasn't planning to add non-linearity to the map, kinda sneaked in while building it :p

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×