Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Tekgren Tension 2 [Playtest]

A short map I've been tinkering on for a while. Gameplay can be challenging, plenty of traps in this short map. Kept a focus on fun and intersting gameplay. It needs (G)Zdoom or any other Zdoom based port. Gameplay might still need some additional work. I hope you like it :)

dd_tek2.zip

TT1.png

TT2.png

TT3.png

This looks pretty similar to a pretty old map you made long time ago (maybe one year ago?), but looks a awesome classic map... downloaded!

Cute little map, with a lot of care put into TEKGREN and METAL* texture alignments.

What was ZDoom needed for, though ?
The monster spawns could be done in Boom or even vanilla, with some dummy sector wizardry.

Very nice looking map, was good fun to play through and just the right difficulty level for me. The traps/teleports kept things interesting rather than annoying for a change and the monster selection was spot on, well done!

Good to see your still mapping Dutch!.... you know ... this almost feels like a map01 start of a megawad :-) 

Not a fan of maps with too many teleporting enemies, but in this case it was small groups with no big threats so it wasn't annoying.

Enjoyable small map. Recorded my playthrough:

2 hours ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

Cute little map, with a lot of care put into TEKGREN and METAL* texture alignments.

What was ZDoom needed for, though ?
The monster spawns could be done in Boom or even vanilla, with some dummy sector wizardry.

I have ocd when it comes to aligning textures :p Most work went into that. I didn't really needed Zdoom other than using some flats as wall textures. Even my monsters closets were done with lifts and doors to release the monsters at a certain time. Wanted to be creative with that. I didn't really need Zdoom for this map. When I started on it I just rolled with it, didn't changed the format as I was going along.

1 hour ago, Liberation said:

Very nice looking map, was good fun to play through and just the right difficulty level for me. The traps/teleports kept things interesting rather than annoying for a change and the monster selection was spot on, well done!

Good to see your still mapping Dutch!.... you know ... this almost feels like a map01 start of a megawad :-) 

Thanks, glad you liked it. It could be a good starter map for a megawad, seems perfect for the lower level slots :) I'm still mapping, but I'm not very active anymore. I try to put stuff out when I can, just way too busy with other things right now.

1 hour ago, guineu said:

Not a fan of maps with too many teleporting enemies, but in this case it was small groups with no big threats so it wasn't annoying.

Enjoyable small map. Recorded my playthrough:

Thank you for the video, I'll watch in a sec. There's indeed quite a few teleporting enemies, just went crazy implementing those. I had fun working on this, thats what matters most in the end.

Fun map, as expected from Dutch Devil. It really is great to see more stuff from you!

...I got lost because I'm stupid and didn't see a switch. Somewhat high pressure using limited space and low-tier monsters, real bueno.

41 minutes ago, Octavarium said:

Fun map, as expected from Dutch Devil. It really is great to see more stuff from you!

...I got lost because I'm stupid and didn't see a switch. Somewhat high pressure using limited space and low-tier monsters, real bueno.

Sorry you got lost :( The switches are kinda small and easy to overlook. The map is somewhat non-linear which can add to the confusion. Wasn't planning to add non-linearity to the map, kinda sneaked in while building it :p