Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonLivingston

Longest maps ever?

Did okuplok ever finish that one massive map he was making? I played what he had done a few years ago and it took me over five hours to get through. With God mode.

3 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

Anyone know any levels that have the longest length ever?

Community Chest 1, Map 29.  God that level was freakin' long.

And of course, all of Eternal Doom.

3 hours ago, Killer5 said:

I would assume a max of untitled2 to take over 3 hours non-tas.

Isn't there some other map that would take ~8 hours to max... can't remember which one though...

Run Buddy is a very large level in the sense that it's essentially a classic Doom map scaled up to Land of the Giants proportions. It's not incredibly detailed for the amount of space it occupies, but if you ever want to feel really small, this is a good start.

Well if counting by first-run, all those are 1+ hour playtime: (which i remember atm)

Community Chest 3 - MAP12

Deus Vult - MAP05

Dawn of Reality

Foursite

Ignored

Alien Vendetta - MAP20

Interception - MAP29

KDiZD entirely except for the first two maps

NDCP2 - MAP27 and MAP29

Zones of Fear - MAP24, MAP28 and MAP30

Eternal Doom has self explanatory name

It took me nearly 3 hours to max out rjspace31 back when I was good at it. Ridiculously demanding map.

In eternal doom you take an eternity looking for mandatory camouflaged x switches but I don't that's the kind of gameplay you are looking for. Velapax has the best long maps imo without being unnecesarily grindy (like hh or okumap).

@Byeblothingal 1024 Has created some truly enormous maps. I'm talking maps that fill the entire Doom mapping space. 

There are YouTube play-throughs of some maps that last 12+ hours.  

This thread shows some some screenshots (click the dead thumbnails and the photos will still load). 

Edited by Bauul

ZDCMP2 will easily take 2+ hours to complete, I haven't seen any other map that takes this long so far.

7 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Deus Vult - MAP05

For the record, DV Map05 is the full Deus Vult level.

It was so large that it was split into 4 different sections for slower computers, and those 4 sections are maps 01-04, so if you feel like playing the full map set, don't start with maps 01-04 thinking that they'll gradually lead up to the grand finale. All you need is Map05.

7 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Alien Vendetta - MAP20

Also for the record, this is one of my favorite maps in Doom history.

The fact that it's vanilla-compatible only adds to the amazement.

9 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

In what format?

I think he made them in ZDoom: Hexen format.

There's a guy doing a YouTube play-through of his map Volvex2 on HMP at the moment here.

He's up to 21 hours and still hasn't beaten it.

Edited by Bauul

5 hours ago, Lüt said:

For the record, DV Map05 is the full Deus Vult level.

It was so large that it was split into 4 different sections for slower computers, and those 4 sections are maps 01-04, so if you feel like playing the full map set, don't start with maps 01-04 thinking that they'll gradually lead up to the grand finale. All you need is Map05.

Also for the record, this is one of my favorite maps in Doom history.

The fact that it's vanilla-compatible only adds to the amazement.

Holyhell is the same way, right down the the detail that MAP05 is the whole thing,

avj.wad map32 was the first map in which I realized that in vanilla doom no time is displayed anymore if you need over an hour (the game simply shows "you suck"). have not played any other map for over an hour in vanilla.

3 hours ago, termrork said:

avj.wad map32

OP didn't specific whether the "map length" means playing with prior knowledge or blind, but I think besides being a long max, avj32 is also one of the longest mentioned so far if you're going by blind play. Although I guess it's hard to objectively measure the length a puzzle should take without prior knowledge...

On 12/2/2017 at 6:37 PM, rdwpa said:

Vela Pax and Planisphere (2) come to mind, though with all those fancy linedefs, copy-pasting from it might crash DB on you. 

Ow.

On 03/12/2017 at 0:41 AM, wheresthebeef said:

The actual longest

actually this is false.
Simply strafe run and crouch the very instant the map starts.