Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bemused

Cryogenics, a small collection of random -CL9 slaughter(ish) maps [now on idgames]

On 4/28/2022 at 10:19 PM, CittyKat112 said:

Is this the last update for this mapset? :-( 

sigh.... i knew this would come back to haunt me eventually... i have stalled out on mapping for the last few months due to fiddly editing and fine tuning stuff being super un-fun, but i guess i could throw down some more resources in the 04 secret to make it more lenient once i get a burst of enthusiasm.

Will probably upload occula, harass benjo to put out RC1 for abandon and edit this all at the same time, so will update the thread when i finally pull my finger out and sort my shit... Soon™

16 minutes ago, bemused said:

sigh.... i knew this would come back to haunt me eventually... i have stalled out on mapping for the last few months due to fiddly editing and fine tuning stuff being super un-fun, but i guess i could throw down some more resources in the 04 secret to make it more lenient once i get a burst of enthusiasm.

Will probably upload occula, harass benjo to put out RC1 for abandon and edit this all at the same time, so will update the thread when i finally pull my finger out and sort my shit... Soon™

Thanks, sorry for bumping this old thread but I wanted to UV max this map so bad after seeing there's only a TASed UV max demo for this map and after trying to beat the secret fight for a hundred something times I realized this fight is simply impossible (only managed to beat it one time with excessive savescumming). I think one or maybe even two more spare megaspheres and maybe one more cell pack stash near the teleport that would be accessible after the viles spawn in would be more than enough to make the fight more fair.

Edited by CittyKat112

I'm sorry for the bump here, but I tried beating map04 and surviving the secret area with the final ambush really needs more resources like more cells, an extra megasphere or two after the viles teleport in. I have a video up for that map but I was forced to use IDBEHOLDV cheat for that part because it was simply impossible to survive even having to savescum halfway through that fight constantly was no help at all. Overall, the rest of the wad was great and fun, but the final part was just impossible to beat but in a cruel and unfair way, given the resources with only one megasphere and only very few cells. You're basically forced to use rockets on that part. I tried watching the TAS run but they added an extra megasphere and cells in their run. The orignal one didn't.