Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

I don't understand the uploading process

@bonnie One last thing: So for the password, I would like to confirm that, since my email is nevetsepirc21@gmail.com, I would enter nevetsepirc21@gmail.com.file as the password. Is this true?

.file? i can only assume that i put that in my placeholder email in the instructions instead of .com (fixed it now though)

but yea no just put your email and nothing else

edit: @StevenC21 phew that was a close one then :o

@bonnie Final spammy update: How long should it take for me to get the email response? Its only been like 2 minutes, but that is still longer than I expect from an automated service.

It's not automated. That's why you email in advance, to cut days off of the waiting time.

That's also why you should have included a brief comment explaining what happened, just in case. You'll probably be fine if you didn't though.

All process would be easier if you had filezilla and follow some tutorials around youtube. Oh well. Not much to comment. 

Why make your life harder when you can make it easier and less painful. With program you can see uploading process instantly and doesn't require command lines. 

On 12/3/2017 at 3:12 PM, Memfis said:

When will we get a more modern and user-friendly way to upload wads?

I believe @Linguica once mentioned there was a plan to create a web-based upload process for Doomworld's own file hosting (in addition to continuing to be an idgames mirror).

Not sure what the status of that is though.

It wouldn't really be easier, and I don't know why people always say that. I have had literally 0 luck with programs like Filezilla, which actually require setting up and (in my case) sometimes just don't work at all. Actually having to go out of your way to install and deal with something like that is no doubt significantly harder and more complicated than just typing a couple lines in the CMD.

Also, the CMD wasn't even the problem here. His files would have been rejected regardless of what he used.

Well, I didn't have problems with setupping programs and following tutorial few times until I've got it right. Oh well. Both methods work if they're done right and properly. 

@bonnie Some people are just not used to using a Command Line.

Frankly, I always found the easiest success with just going to Add Network Place in Windows and typing in the address.  Then you can drag and drop into Incoming just as you would any other Windows folder.  No third party apps or following command lines needed or anything.

Nah. I wouldn't rest well if I knew that dude uploaded his maps untested and such by other people. I know I shouldn't care, but sometimes help can do more harm than good.  

I figured out how to upload a file, but even after watching the instruction video, I don't understand how to see whether my mod has been accepted/rejected.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

I figured out how to upload a file, but even after watching the instruction video, I don't understand how to see whether my mod has been accepted/rejected.

Go here to see if it was rejected for any reason: ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/idgames/REJECTS

Then go here to see if it was accepted: ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/idgames/LAST.7days

It may take a few days.