Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

RAGE Question

Should RAGE and its DLC be free on all platforms for a week?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should RAGE and its DLC be free on all platforms for a week?

• Yes!
    • No...
    • Only its DLC should be free.

Do you think that Bethesda should make RAGE and all its DLC free for only one week on all platforms? I think it would be a nice idea. :)

An entire week on all platforms and DLC? Lol that'd be one sick giveaway but it'll give the publisher a heart attack to consider it on a game without a ton of sequels. 

there is no point to doing that really. unless they are making a sequel, and then even then, I think a week might be excessive. I can't think of a game that has gone free fro more than a day, let alone a week (minus games that go free to play).

4 hours ago, Linguica said:

No! Free things are bad! I hate free things!

Doom 4 had a free weekend before the game's launch. People hated it.

On a more serious note, Brink is now F2P and plenty of large developers give away their older games to hype new games. I could imagine it just being given for free to keep for anyone who gets it in that week.

Edited by geo

35 minutes ago, geo said:

Doom 4 had a free weekend before the game's launch. People hated it.

On a more serious note, Brink is now F2P and plenty of large developers give away their older games to hype new games. I could imagine it just being given for free to keep for anyone who gets it in that week.

I played Brink some minutes ago on my Xbox 360. I have a physical copy of the game, I didn't know it was free to play. Well how about RAGE and its DLC being free for 3 days then? Wait, why did people hate Doom 4's free weekend?

I... don't see a reason why. I mean, I already have it, so it wouldn't do me any good. Why exactly should it be free for a week? So people who don't have it can get it for free, and then bitch about it? Which they will, because they "had to download so many gigabytes and the game looks old as crap and textures pop in and it's not fun and this game is so shitty OMG can't believe I wasted my time downloading it"? If they were planning on releasing Rage 2, which they're not as far as I know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a 75% off sale, but there's no reason to have it free across all platforms. 

At best they might consider packaging it with a new release, but I can't see the point to that either. Unless it's a sequel, why package an unrelated game with it as an incentive. It wasn't extremely well received for the most part, and it's been on sale so many times since 2007 that most people who would want to play it already have it. I never even finished it, and that's the first for me with an iD game. It wasn't bad, it was just boring. 

And they hated Doom 4's free weekend because it was multiplayer only, and the multiplayer either wasn't fast enough for the Q3A crowd, or it didn't have enough bells and whistles for the COD crowd.

34 minutes ago, Jello said:

I... don't see a reason why. I mean, I already have it, so it wouldn't do me any good. Why exactly should it be free for a week? So people who don't have it can get it for free, and then bitch about it? Which they will, because they "had to download so many gigabytes and the game looks old as crap and textures pop in and it's not fun and this game is so shitty OMG can't believe I wasted my time downloading it"? If they were planning on releasing Rage 2, which they're not as far as I know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a 75% off sale, but there's no reason to have it free across all platforms. 

At best they might consider packaging it with a new release, but I can't see the point to that either. Unless it's a sequel, why package an unrelated game with it as an incentive. It wasn't extremely well received for the most part, and it's been on sale so many times since 2007 that most people who would want to play it already have it. I never even finished it, and that's the first for me with an iD game. It wasn't bad, it was just boring. 

And they hated Doom 4's free weekend because it was multiplayer only, and the multiplayer either wasn't fast enough for the Q3A crowd, or it didn't have enough bells and whistles for the COD crowd.

It's not about the graphics, it's not about reviews from critics. If they didn't like RAGE, that's their opinion. Also, CoD wasn't the first modern fps ever made, you know. Rainbow Six was the first to introduce weapon limits in fps games. I'm sorry by the way. :(

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin

3 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I played Brink some minutes ago on my Xbox 360. I have a physical copy of the game, I didn't know it was free to play. Well how about RAGE and its DLC being free for 3 days then? Wait, why did people hate Doom 4's free weekend?

Brink when F2P when Quake Champions arrived. Interesting time to make it free. If anything its publicity for "oh by the way here's the new online multiplayer game." Yeah people hated Doom 4 because it was a multiplayer test and people with their decade old computers couldn't play it or flat out didn't like the multiplayer.

I thought D'16's Mp was splendid for the most part. @The-Heretic-Assassin, No need to be sorry, Jello is just pointing out that doing that is kinda pointless. Unless they plan on comming out with a rage 2, I don't really see this happening.

2 hours ago, MrGlide said:

I thought D'16's Mp was splendid for the most part. @The-Heretic-Assassin, No need to be sorry, Jello is just pointing out that doing that is kinda pointless. Unless they plan on comming out with a rage 2, I don't really see this happening.

It doesn't have to be free for a limited time because of a sequel. It can be done out of pure kindness. =)

7 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

It can be done out of pure kindness.

Nope, id is a business. Consumers don't reward kindness. If you where to give away a free product, there will have to be a way that you benefit from it. giving it away, for no related reason would be very foolish. It'll never happen.

5 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Nope, id is a business. Consumers don't reward kindness. If you where to give away a free product, there will have to be a way that you benefit from it. giving it away, for no related reason would be very foolish. It'll never happen.

If I was a video game developer, I would give away games to gamers.

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Not a big fan of RAGE, so not gonna bother downloading just because its free.

What about those that do like the game?

A free weekend or something would be cool. I'd love for more people to try the game since it's free. Might get a lot of people who end up liking it.

I remember when I wanted to play the Halo 3 beta, I bought Crackdown so I could get access. Didn't even bother to play Crackdown until a while later. Decided to try it out and it was better than I expected, and I ended up playing Crackdown more than the full release of Halo 3.

So with a free weekend, many might be saying "I'll download it since it's free and try it" but end up saying "wow this game is actually good, why isn't it more popular?"