Radius 24
	+SOLID
	States {
		Spawn:
		TOIL A 1
		loop
	}
}

I have a sprite with lump name TOILA0, and when I place a thing with editor number 10000 in GZDoom Builder, the class name shows up, but in-game I just get a sign with an exclamation mark. What's wrong?

toilet1.PNG

toilet2.PNG

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Empyre said:

No because that doesn't use DECORATE. Somebody here in the DoomWorld forums (I regret that I don't remember who) gave these instruction for GZDoom, and I copied-and-pasted them into a txt file on my desktop.

Thanks for the reply, ill give it a shot.  Thanks for the txt file sir :)

1 hour ago, AmossGuy said:

What's wrong?

Not sure what exactly, but here are some ideas:

You should use a number that is not one of standard editor numbers for your custom actor.

If the DECORATE is not in the same wad as the map, but in another wad that you load as a resource in GZDB, you need to make sure that you launch both wads together when you want to play.

If you're editing the wad in both SLADE3 and GZDB at the same time, they may be overwriting each other's changes and corrupting the wad. The only safe way to edit the same wad in both programs at the same time is to open it in SLADE3 first and use SLADE3's feature "Open wad in Doom Builder".

Edited by scifista42

7 hours ago, scifista42 said:

Not sure what exactly, but here are some ideas:

You should use a number that is not one of standard editor numbers for your custom actor.

If the DECORATE is not in the same wad as the map, but in another wad that you load as a resource in GZDB, you need to make sure that you launch both wads together when you want to play.

If you're editing the wad in both SLADE3 and GZDB at the same time, they may be overwriting each other's changes and corrupting the wad. The only safe way to edit the same wad in both programs at the same time is to open it in SLADE3 first and use SLADE3's feature "Open wad in Doom Builder".

Didn't help, but here's the entire WAD so far, which is an unfinished remake of a Doom-themed Wolfenstein 3D mod that somebody else made (which is called "Doom: Legions of Hell" in case you want to check it out):

legions.7z

10 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Put the sprite between S_START and S_END markers, see Namespace. Also change its offsets to make it not sunken into the ground.

After adding the markers, it worked although it was sunken into the ground. How do I change its offsets?

1 hour ago, AmossGuy said:

After adding the markers, it worked although it was sunken into the ground. How do I change its offsets?

Actually I figured out how.

In your DECORATE code, instead of giving a 1 tic duration and Looping it, give it a -1 duration and it will last forever. You will need a Stop in place of the Loop.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:10 PM, Empyre said:

In your DECORATE code, instead of giving a 1 tic duration and Looping it, give it a -1 duration and it will last forever. You will need a Stop in place of the Loop.

Okay.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:10 PM, Empyre said:

Can you use this method for the firesky animated texture also?

12 hours ago, AleksB said:

Can you use this method for the firesky animated texture also?

No because that doesn't use DECORATE. Somebody here in the DoomWorld forums (I regret that I don't remember who) gave these instruction for GZDoom, and I copied-and-pasted them into a txt file on my desktop.

You need to have all frames of the sky and name them in a sequence, such as FRSKY01 as the first and FRSKYxx as the last. Then in ANIMDEFS, do

texture FRSKY01
pic FRSKY01 tics 2
pic FRSKY02 tics 2
pic FRSKYxx tics 2

Next in TEXTURES

Texture FRSKY01, 64, 128
{
    Patch FRSKY01, 0, 0
}

Then in MAPINFO

map MAP01 "Map Name"
{