Doom Source Ports family tree (simplified, for Wikipedia)

On 08.12.2017 at 1:23 PM, soner du said:

doom-p10.png

Looks like Doom95 is...
forever-alone-face1.png

Edited by riderr3
2 people like this

Yes, it does, as do several other ports. However, the code for these extensions was added into Prboom, rather than MBF being used as the base for Prboom. The base code for Prboom (from 2.1.0 onward) was LxDoom and LSDLDoom (more info in my post here).

1 person likes this

not sure if it is too much work but a scale with the years would be awesome, since I am very unaware but interested on how old all the source ports are

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Grazza said:

Yes, it does, as do several other ports. However, the code for these extensions was added into Prboom, rather than MBF being used as the base for Prboom. The base code for Prboom (from 2.1.0 onward) was LxDoom and LSDLDoom (more info in my post here).

At first, I attempted to draw dotted lines for features borrowed from one port to another, but the result was very confusing !

By the way, should there be a direct link between DOOM and BOOM ? (in addition to the line bertween DOSDoom and BOOM)

I wasn't suggesting that you should have done - quite the opposite, as my intent was to explain to Kroc that the mere existence of shared features is not the basis for lineage in this chart (which would indeed make it look like a spider's web).