Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nautkillius

Can you have the same graphics from Zandronum as GZDoom? And if you can, how?

Can you have the same graphics from Zandronum as GZDoom? And if you can, how? I am using Zandronum for the first time and I saw that the graphics are kind of...old, I think. I was wondering if you could make the graphics from Zandronum to be seen as in GZDoom, no matter what version.(sry my english).

5 minutes ago, Nautkillius said:

Can you have the same graphics from Zandronum as GZDoom? And if you can, how? I am using Zandronum for the first time and I saw that the graphics are kind of...old, I think. I was wondering if you could make the graphics from Zandronum to be seen as in GZDoom, no matter what version.(sry my english).

What specific graphics are you referring to?  GZDoom has a lot of different graphics settings.  Also though, bear in mind Zandronum is based on an older version of GZDoom so lacks some of the really new GZDoom features, like true-color software mode, shadowmaps and Bloom.

Do you mean software (old doom style) versus OpenGL (gzdoom)? The OpenGL renderer is based on Gzdoom 1.8.6 i think, its old but not like software. Open the console and input vid_renderer 1 then restart zan

1 minute ago, Nautkillius said:

I mean the new graphics.

Yes, but which new graphics?  GZDoom has a lot of different graphical effects.

Although it's likely you're thinking of something that just isn't in Zandronum yet.  It is forked from an older version of GZDoom.

Wait. I'm proccesing.... I have no ideea how to explain. In Zandronum you see all a little bit in pixels. In GZDoom, you still can see some of the pixels but less then Zandronum. I just want to see more clearly, I tink this is the point.

Ah, you mean texture filtering. Texture filtering is what's making Doom look so blurry, and it's turned on by default in GZD, for some bizarre reason that only God would understand.

Go to GZDoom options > Display options > OpenGL renderer > Texture options

and set Texture Filter Mode to "none".