Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THMG

4800 Hell Knights: A Community Megawad [IN NEED OF NEW LEADERSHIP]

Map01 for me please.
Theme - Wrestlemania (Wrestling ring Arena)

Custom music, textures and some "actors" with a little ACS zscript if allowed.

Suggestions:

1. Allow mappers to choose any mapping format they desire, and then list said format next to the mapper's name in the OP, so that people aren't forced to use zdoom for maps that they don't need to be (especially for demos)
  2. Maybe adjust the "continuous room" rule (if you want), as it's fairly easy to make almost any map be one continuous sound zone. I don't really know how you would improve it, but it just kinda seems way too open. I mean heck, how are we supposed to win a cacoward if we have like a billion rooms ;~;
  3. Give bonnie slot 15, theme: heretic-ice-palace-place-thing, format boom pls

6 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Suggestions:

1. Allow mappers to choose any mapping format they desire, and then list said format next to the mapper's name in the OP, so that people aren't forced to use zdoom for maps that they don't need to be (especially for demos)
  2. Maybe adjust the "continuous room" rule (if you want), as it's fairly easy to make almost any map be one continuous sound zone. I don't really know how you would improve it, but it just kinda seems way too open. I mean heck, how are we supposed to win a cacoward if we have like a billion rooms ;~;
  3. Give bonnie slot 15, theme: heretic-ice-palace-place-thing, format boom pls

Yeah, I was kinda iffy on the format. I really don't care what format you map in, as long as you make a good map.

9 minutes ago, Ermin said:

Map01 for me please.
Theme - Wrestlemania (Wrestling ring Arena)

Custom music, textures and some "actors" with a little ACS zscript if allowed.

All of that's allowed. The goal of this is to take the "150 hellknights in a room with a megasphere" concept and just go wild with it. If you're doing what I think you're doing, I'm very excited to see what the finished product is.

15 minutes ago, Voltcom9 said:

This sounds fun. I may be up for mapping for this but I don't know what kind of theme or when I could really start a half decent map.

how about right now, map 30, theme: sauce

i believe in you c:

17 minutes ago, Voltcom9 said:

This sounds fun. I may be up for mapping for this but I don't know what kind of theme or when I could really start a half decent map.

Just now, bonnie said:

how about right now, map 30, theme: sauce

i believe in you c:

Just think of an interesting level gimmick, and then think of a theme that'd fit that. I chose "Mines" because I wanted bridges, chasms, and machinery.

Id take map25, maybe a zepplin (too bad i can't have 1 "red baron"). however i have a few questions.

1. is there a limit to map music? like what format or kind?

2. are custom sounds allowed?

3. for one open room, does this also apply to "invisible teleporters" to make the illusion of a open area?

4. Im assuming doors in any shape or form are just not allowed?

Just now, DerFurer'sFace said:

Id take map25, maybe a zepplin. however i have a few questions.

1. is there a limit to map music? like what format or kind?

2. are custom sounds allowed?

3. for one open room, does this also apply to "invisible teleporters" to make the illusion of a open area?

4. Im assuming doors in any shape or form are just not allowed?

0. Map25 is taken,sorry.

1.No. I'll clarify that in the OP.

2.Yes.

3.Invisible teleporters are gonna be a case by case thing, depending on the usage. Once again, I'll clarify that in the OP.

4.No doors. At all.

oh i missed that my fault.

how about 20 then?

and sorry though of 1 more question

when does the player have to receive the megasphere? at the begining or anywhere in the map as long as its a main part of that 1 room?

4 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

oh i missed that my fault.

how about 20 then?

and sorry though of 1 more question

when does the player have to receive the megasphere? at the begining or anywhere in the map as long as its a main part of that 1 room?

It can be anywhere, but receiving it should be part of the map's flow.

9 minutes ago, Percival232 said:

eh ill see if i can whip up something

ill take map 32 with a hell theme

actually ill do a marble theme with wood and shit

1 hour ago, UAC-Janitor said:

What GZDoom version are we using? most recent version?

Yeah, the most recent version.

1 hour ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

How about someone make an Icon Of Knights that spawns Hell Knights (and it's brethren) exclusively?

It can't be hard to script something like that.

Dang I was hoping you would go for more of a square room idea like in the original idea and call it something like HK^2 (HK Squared) or something like that, that sounds way cooler than "48000 hellknights and 32 megaspheres" lol

Sure, I'll do one. I need a break from other stuff.

Put me down for:

MAP10

UDMF

Theme: Gothic/Quake courtyard

Can I take map07? I want use those shiny wireframe textures and build squares with 150 hell knights in them. Well, format doesn't matter(only those which gzdoom can run) so I'll try my best. 

11 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Can I take map07? I want use those shiny wireframe textures and build squares with 150 hell knights in them. Well, format doesn't matter(only those which gzdoom can run) so I'll try my best. 

So can I put that down as a "virtual reality" theme?

What's the due date on this? I'm currently working on a map for another project and don't want to start this one until it's done...

Also, a limit of 200 monsters total seems kinda strict. There won't be much for "interesting" BFG gameplay.

I'd prefer to be able to release this in late January/ early February.

As for the 200 monster limit, I'm open to suggestions as to what it could be.