Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 Mentionation Thread (don't toot your own horn ffs)

the kass klassiks music pack deserves a caco imo

I'm also re-nominating mayhem17 if it is still eligible

On 12/10/2017 at 11:26 AM, Scuba Steve said:

2018 will be the 25th anniversary of Doom... so let's get the ball rolling on the great stuff that will appear in next year's Cacowards. For those unfamiliar with the "nomination" process, here are some tips...

• If you play something you find particularly fun, beautiful, clever, or mind blowing... mention it!
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download
  • This thread is merely a place to mention outstanding works of Doom. Keep conversations about projects to a minimum
  • Winners are not chosen by the number of "likes" or the amount of times the project is "nominated" - Judges use the thread to find projects worth playing and decide winners based on personal preferences.

Happy Dooming!

Winters fury

3 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Winter's Fury came out in 2012. This thread is for nominating Doom WADs from 2018 only.

Saad356 was at least on the mark in one respect: Winter's Fury did win a Cacoward in 2012.

+Eternal Damnation

Favorite UDoom release of the year, awesome layouts with a cool concept, clean gameplay, looks nice.... not sure what else to say. This has put my eye on DMPhobos and I'll be sure to look out for any further releases from them.

EDIT: actually, this ties with Phlegetonic Waves for my favorite Udoom release.

23 hours ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Winter's Fury came out in 2012. This thread is for nominating Doom WADs from 2018 only.

Ohh sorry I am a new doomer

I started this year in January 

before that I thought doom was dead

On 10/16/2018 at 11:07 PM, bioshockfan90 said:

December 10th of the previous year onward.*

Late-year releases from shortly before that are welcome too.

I'd like to mention REKKR. It has completely original enemies, weapons, and music, and the level design and aesthetic are really good for something that stays within the constraints of chocolate doom.

Edited by cipher42

I nominate Linguica's Vanilla Level Editing Tutorial

And, if there's no Cacoward category for tutorials, there needs to be one. This tutorial is unbelievably thorough, and I intend to try it step by step when I get a chance. It looks like it has something for mapping novices, and a little for experts as well. Check it out.

By the way, there should be a code category as well. Coding can be just as artistic as anything else.

4 hours ago, kb1 said:

And, if there's no Cacoward category for tutorials, there needs to be one. This tutorial is unbelievably thorough, and I intend to try it step by step when I get a chance. It looks like it has something for mapping novices, and a little for experts as well. Check it out.

I agree. Linguica's Vanilla tutorial is wonderful. It's one of the first recommendations I make to brand new mappers, especially those who are trying to jump off into the deep end and are having trouble.

The only problem is he posted them in 2015.

As for Doom levels (from 2018, obviously): Doom 64 for Doom 2.

6 hours ago, kb1 said:

By the way, there should be a code category as well. Coding can be just as artistic as anything else.

I could not agree any more with every word in this post.