Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 Mentionation Thread (don't toot your own horn ffs)

2018 will be the 25th anniversary of Doom... so let's get the ball rolling on the great stuff that will appear in next year's Cacowards. For those unfamiliar with the "nomination" process, here are some tips...

• If you play something you find particularly fun, beautiful, clever, or mind blowing... mention it!
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download
  • This thread is merely a place to mention outstanding works of Doom. Keep conversations about projects to a minimum
  • Winners are not chosen by the number of "likes" or the amount of times the project is "nominated" - Judges use the thread to find projects worth playing and decide winners based on personal preferences.

Happy Dooming!

Edited by Scuba Steve

On 12/10/2017 at 6:20 AM, EmotionalFelineinaMadstate said:

This has not been released. How or why would you mention something that no one has played?

Also enjoying this thread is in the first page, i would like to eschew Hunter's Moon from being eligible, it is only halfway through the plans i have for it and i don't feel it is ready or worth an award for now.

inb4itwasnevereligibleduetobeingaquake3tc

And behold, the wish was granted!

And to make this comment not completely useless, I nominate Panophobia: I'm aware that it's currently unfinished, but from what I've seen it's shaping up to be goddamn excellent and I can't wait to see it released. I do have some involvement, but it's extremely minor and I'd be nominating this regardless.

New award specifically for wads that are funny, but not in the "mockery of poor quality" kind of way?

I really think it's worth emphasizing that stuff that would've qualified for Mockaward in years prior is, by nature, going to qualify for the Machaward going forward. Practically speaking, the category has been broadened rather than axed.

I understand, but it's still a shame, IMO. The category of wads acclaimed specifically for their funny-ness is already broad enough.

26 minutes ago, Xaser said:

I really think it's worth emphasizing that stuff that would've qualified for Mockaward in years prior is, by nature, going to qualify for the Machaward going forward. Practically speaking, the category has been broadened rather than axed.

Give it up, no one ever reads anything, they just see "mockaward gone" and go on the warpath

4 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Machaward

Doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

The revenant problem for Mockaward.

1 hour ago, j4rio said:

This is the strangest complaint I've seen. It rolls off the tongue the exact same way, it's the same pronunciation.

Y'all are weird. But that's okay, I still like you guys.

7 hours ago, j4rio said:

The revenant problem for Mockaward.

No... but it's probably a good idea we stopped using the trophy of a Cacodemon with a huge, blurry member.