Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

Project Death (WIP, deadline Dec 10 2023)

Hello, there was a beefy update in the works for the past week and a half, here's what's changed:

1. Mod renamed from CYAN-DOOM to LILA-DOOM (was originally called DOOM PLUS at launch).
2. Improved Oil Drum reaction time (faster now). Thanks STShotgun.
3. Higher quality EP1 PSX music (was lower bitrate before). Thanks STShotgun.
4. New Nightmare Imp appearance (akin to its Doom Beastiary appearance back in the day).
5. Nightmare Imp's phasing effect added to the Nightmare Cacodemon and Nightmare Baron.
6. Rifle damage restored from 8 to 10, rate of fire slightly reduced from before.
7. Zombieman Rifle damage restored from 8 to 10, rate of fire matches player's Rifle.
8. Zombieman fires in two-round bursts again instead of three.
9. Improved Minigun graphics, renamed to Super Chaingun.
10. Super Chaingun fires three shots a burst instead of four, uses Shotgun sound.
11. Muzzle flash added to Railgun, decreased reload time a little.
12. Slightly reduced fire rate for the BFG10K.
13. Increased BFG10K's shot damage.
14. Restored original Super Shotgun sound, altered reload sounds.
15. Barrels and Oil Drums are pushable.
16. Oil Drum flame duration shortened (too long before).
17. Recolored titlepic to reflect mod renaming (purple).
18. Added startup title banner for LILA-DOOM (black text and violet background).
19. Daedabus's health reduced from 800 to 700.
20. Nerfed the Daedabus's projectile detonation via splash damage reduction by half.
21. Hell Knight's shield duration is reduced to allow for more mobility.
22. Increased pain chance of Hell Knight so it uses its shield more (chance equiv to Caco).
23. Fixed the melee radius of the Hell Knight (it was attacking twice in a row).
24. Cybruiser's health reduced from 1200 to 1000.
25. Raise state added to Cybruiser (it was missing one before).
26. Psychic Soul's health reduced from 70 to 60 (same as modified Lost Soul).
27. Psychic Soul will not infight with other monsters.
28. Replaced the Shadow with the Melee Revenant (uses Death Incarnate's resurrection).
29. Replaced the Death Incarnate with the Ghoul (Doom RPG Revenant variant).
30. Demonic Sentry uses A_WolfAttack instead of A_CustomBulletAttack.
31. Blood Elemental releases the Hades Sphere from the cut Death Incarnate when it dies.
32. Blood Elemental has a teleportation ability (compliments Hades Sphere's phasing).
33. Diabloist's HP reduced from 900 to 700 (same as normal Archvile).
34. Diabloist's floorhugger attack trails a modified BarrelFlames from the Oil Drum.
35. Nerfed Diabloist's floorhugger attack (removed a redundant A_Explode).
36. Replaced the Skulltag Grenade Launcher with the KDiZD version (reloads after a shot).
37. Reduced the damage radius of the Grenade Launcher's projectile (it was too big before).
38. Speed of Grenade Launcher projectile increased a bit.
39. Added Hazmat Suit to a RadSuit spawner (high fire/cold/poison resistance when active).
40. Fixed broken GL lights for modified ShotgunGuy and ChaingunGuy (they didn't inherit).
41. Updated GLDEFS, now skies will cast light around structures.
42. Updated brightmaps for textures and flats to a more recent version (brightmaps_plus16).
43. Updated blood spray to a nicer one and added simple gore via xdeaths from Hard-Doom.
44. Reinstated SpriteShadow.
45. Converted some PNGed graphics to the palette.
46. Increased the saturation of the red and altered the blue a little in the palette.
47. Replaced SKY1 and Computer Map graphics.
48. Optimized, balanced and improved the Guardsphere and Red Armor's resistances.
49. Updated the Manual.

Hey, is everyone downloading this okay? Just got a report on the ZDoom forums that someone got this:

You don't have permission to access /brad/Backup/LILA-DOOM.7z on this server.

Also heads up, there'll be a hotfix sometime today. I knew I'd forget something and it's super minor, so if anyone is in progress with playing, enjoy your game, and you can grab the updated download later. (forgot to add sounds to the reload for the Railgun and the Rifle's muzzle flash was made more visually consistent with the other bullet based weapons)

OK the download was updated with the two aforementioned fixes. Credit to CARRiON for nabbing the traditional Doom style muzzle flashes for the Rifle. Railgun's reload uses the Grenade Launcher open and close sounds, as the lack of audio was really bugging me.

Oh yeah, heads up to anyone that only just now got to find out this thing exists, that server I hosted the files on belonged to a f r i e n d of mine prior that I no longer talk to, so until then the download's suspended. Sorry. But to answer that last question yes it actually was being still worked on, I had some co-help from my S/O back in 2019 that optimized a few things, added some additional stuff, and I tweaked the palette a bit among other stuff. I'll be more than happy to roll it out once I've gotten a good look at it, haven't edited or played with it in a long time as my GZDoom use has been very low. Thanks for expressing your interest however, and maybe anyone around here who got the files last time would be willing to share the last update with you.

@wes97hey dude, after a quick look in my downloads folder to no avail, I managed to wrangle up a DL for ya, courtesy of a small YT channel by the name of Gaming Room.

Gave it a quick looksie and it all seems to be above board. Not sure how up-to-date this version of the mod is... pretty sure the .ZIP is circa mid-October last year. Hope this helps ya out in the meantime until a more recent version of the mod is uploaded! :)

LILA-DOOM
LILA-MUSIC

6 minutes ago, Fabricator said:

@wes97hey dude, after a quick look in my downloads folder to no avail, I managed to wrangle up a DL for ya, courtesy of a small YT channel by the name of Gaming Room.

Gave it a quick looksie and it all seems to be above board. Not sure how up-to-date this version of the mod is... pretty sure the .ZIP is circa mid-October last year. Hope this helps ya out in the meantime until a more recent version of the mod is uploaded! :)

LILA-DOOM
LILA-MUSIC

Dude, thanks so much!  I really tried finding this.  Will be added to my collection. 

Lol no, I'm guessing Hungary shares German words, I'm just a poser from the US that likes some spellings and pronunciations in other languages, which for my handle sounds more exotic than just "purple fire."