Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liberation

Reject problems with vanilla

Question

Basically I'm getting this message when running my latest map with chocolate doom. " REJECT lump too short to pad " with some numbers at the end.

To tell the truth I don't normally worry about reject lumps till I'm releasing a level and even then I normally forget, however with this map it CTD's Choc doom when I enter a certain room. So using zennode and trying BSP as well I have added the reject lump as you would normally, however it still crashes when entering the same room, however does not give the message as it did before.

Going to be something stupid I know, but if anyone can give me an insight I would be very grateful. 

////////////////////////////////////////////// Solved ////////////////

In all honesty it was me being daft and getting a wall patch mixed up with a flat in my resource wad and only seeing a error with the reject lump, which in hindsight was also daft as you don't even need a reject lump in theory (not recommended in reality of course).

Lesson learned: Check erroneous maps in different map editors as slade3 didn't care, however DB2 pointed the error out straight away.

Edited by Liberation

3 answers to this question

People in the future who have the same problem and search for a solution would benefit from this thread remaining available and you saying what the issue was and how it was solved.

In all honesty it was me being daft and getting a wall patch mixed up with a flat in my resource wad and only seeing a error with the reject lump, which in hindsight was also daft as you don't even need a reject lump in theory (not recommended in reality of course).

Lesson learned: Check erroneous maps in different map editors as slade3 didn't care, however DB2 pointed the error out straight away.