Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Does anyone still play zdoom 1.22?

I was just curious, if anyone ever play the older versions of the source ports.  I just found my olllllddddd computer from back in the day and it had zdoom 1.22 on it and I was taken back haha.  Was just curious who else plays all of the old doom source ports

There's no particular point in playing an old build of an advanced source ports unless you have a favourite wad that only works properly on said old build. (Or a computer that can't handle later versions, I guess.)

I know theres no point, but I was just curious if people still go back to the old versions of source ports for nostalgic feels

35 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

but DOS version of MBF

IMO I dint think anything can beat DOS doom.  Or chocolate doom.  To me its just the classic shit and there is nothing better

Doom 1.22 was the 'stable' version for many years but actually was unstable and crashed from time to time.
ZDaemon is based on 1.23 beta which was very different and actually stable.
The one actually based on 1.22 is Odamex.

There's an updated MBF 2.04 version for dos @vogons.
For nostalgia you may want to try ZDoom Classic, it's a lightweight version for very old hardware based on 2.1.4 but runs well on modern machines as well. Has D3D (early) and GL renderers and some later stuff added.