Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletonpatch

The best video game advertisements of all time!

12 hours ago, Bauul said:

I'm on my phone so couldn't get the video into a Spoiler tag I'm afraid. Although I believe it doesn't make any difference, the page seems to load them all anyway.

Whether or not it makes an actual difference I'd still like to see people put their videos into spoilers. Just now my browser froze four times while trying to load this page (and then crashed as I was typing this sentence). Even if it doesn't make any difference I'd still appreciate it as perhaps it would feel as though it is helping. Also the scroll bar on the side of the page is getting microscopic and that really bugs me quite a bit.

I'm kind of hoping that this post starts a new page so that my browser doesn't need to load all the videos I've already watched.

Edit: YAY! My prediction was correct!

Anyway, here's another one of my favourite trailers, I wish I had seen this when the game came out, because then I would have played it sooner:

Spoiler

Tony Hawk American Wasteland's advertisement was that you could travel seamlessly to different levels without having to exit out of the game and choose it, or wait for the game to load. This was pretty revolutionary to me because it led me to believe that the hopeful future of gaming would be a future where our computers would be so fast that there would be no need for waiting for stuff to load. Unfortunately this was never the case and every fucking game I've ever bought since always had long boring loading screens. We really should be past this by now.

It's good to see that I didn't need to resurrect this thread myself.

The PS3 had many great ads, primarily those featuring Kevin Butler. If only the actor playing him hadn't messed it all up, then we may still be enjoying this magic!

Spoiler

For whatever reason, no commercial or trailer has ever sold me on a game. I had a fascination with print media though, magazines with full spreads of ultra colorful Secret of Mana maps and strategy guides and artwork not seen anywhere else, I got dangerously addicted to RPGs when I was 10-12 because of this.

023.jpg

This thread ain't done yet!

While so far this thread has mostly focused on commercials and trailers, as Vorpal has stated, there are many great examples of print ads out there! Most of the ones I'm familiar with came from Sega:

Spoiler

Here's a pretty standard Sega ad...

genesis_does_what_nintendont_large.jpg.edab88711275a84b51548d9ec0ee23a1.jpg

Spoiler

Still pretty normal...

5a7691d8d55ae_GenesisDoesWhatNintendontad.jpg.a22ffdca01605303fb683191f4ed2834.jpg

Spoiler

Um... Interesting...

5a7691d61f5e4_Thegreatestprintadofalltime!.jpg.5cfe0ef6aa0ca1d18115f52e27c50b5e.jpg

Spoiler

Ooookkkkaaaayyyy...

5a7691db0418d_Themoreyouplaywithittheharderitgets.jpg.4512e9b6753dc52574ab7db3dd577db9.jpg

And finally, the Magnum Opus:

Spoiler

Why? Just, WHY?

5a7692aa4cf2d_Gamegearwontmakeyougoblind.jpg.4fea0d3341ad5c77b5d3ca63420aa4c2.jpg

Can anyone remember any more amazing print ads related to video games?