Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paymentplan

RealFast Demo Pack - Doom 2 UV-Max Reality and Plutonia -fast

This pack started as a community demo pack for the Hell on Earth Discord chat in September of last year. kraflab spearheaded the project, an attempt to capture the magic of the demo packs worked on in the #doom irc of years prior. The goal was to improve all existing records and fill in the runs without any exits for Doom 2 UV-Max Reality and Plutonia -fast. It fell short of the goal and, after collecting enough dust, the participants agreed for the pack to be compiled and released in its present state.

Hopefully what did get completed can inspire others to work on beating/filling the rest. 

Rules for the categories:

UV-Fast: 100% kills and secrets with -fast parameter, on ultra-violence, exiting with all monsters dead (except Lost Souls and Icon of Sin spawns).

UV-Max Reality: 100% kills and secrets, on ultra-violence, exiting with all monsters dead (except Lost Souls and Icon of Sin spawns), without taking damage (unavoidable nukage damage is allowed).

Special Exceptions: Doom 2 15, 27; Plutonia 11, 27

Demo Pack Description

Times Spreadsheet

Download the pack here:

realfast.zip

Rayzik superstar! I only you knew your semi-casual Hellbound demos, I guess you improved a lot?

Also, a quick check: pf15 and pf23 were not beaten. One of them is a compromise between speed and safety so it shouldn't be difficult to improve on.

I only started watching so some more comments may be written later

Great Plutonia demos, hard to criticize small mistakes, as it is very easy to die in these maps. The demos are outstanding. My favourites would be

• pf12 which is insane especially the first 2+ minutes (before the blue armor)
  • I liked pf26 as it is one of my two favourite maps. Despite the .txt, I think there are a few important route novelties here
  • pf30 is 13% than JC's demo which I believe(d) to be one of the best demos of all time. Sick!