Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teivman

The Entryway To Venus

I originally made this level for some old Megawad project that failed. :Some info about the wad: It replaces map01 of Doom 2. It's a fairly large level and it works in Doom retro, PrBoom, ZDoom and GzDoom.   

The custom sky is an unused sky for Doom and the custom midi is "Transport" by David J. Finnamore.

Some feedback on what i can do to improve it would be helpful.  Download here  :Edit: Outdated version. New version >TETV.zip

Edited by MrD!zone

Some ideas for improvement:

- The Entryway 2 is one of the least original level names possible. Pick a better name and your map is likely to receive more attention.

- DOORTRAK on the sides of doors should always come with the "lower unpegged" flag. That's pretty much a universally accepted convention.

- Your use of the "impassable" flag is rather annoying. It's disappointing when I'm trying to climb something and an invisible wall blocks me for no logical reason.

- It was a bad idea to hide the only good weapon in a secret. Are you expecting me to fight HKs and groups of imps with a pistol? Hell no, I'm running past them.

- I feel like you're relying on brown textures and flats a bit too much. I got tired of looking at them, more color variety would be nice.

Good work otherwise. Keep learning and have fun.

Just now, Memfis said:

Some ideas for improvement:

- The Entryway 2 is one of the least original level names possible. Pick a better name and your map is likely to receive more attention.

- DOORTRAK on the sides of doors should always come with the "lower unpegged" flag. That's pretty much a universally accepted convention.

- Your use of the "impassable" flag is rather annoying. It's disappointing when I'm trying to climb something and an invisible wall blocks me for no logical reason.

- It was a bad idea to hide the only good weapon in a secret. Are you expecting me to fight HKs and groups of imps with a pistol? Hell no, I'm running past them.

- I feel like you're relying on brown textures and flats a bit too much. I got tired of looking at them, more color variety would be nice.

Good work otherwise. Keep learning and have fun.

Thus i have followed