Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheHighestTree

One step closer...

Check THIS out!

Keep your fingers tightly crossed, cause do you know what this could mean? Canada could someday soon join Amsterdam as the next Disneyland of weed! And you should see the police association freaking out! (They have good reason to...imagine being cut off from one of your most valuable sources of income. :))

A Senate committee has unanimously called for the legalization of marijuana in Canada, with government licensed production and sale of the drug to any Canadian citizen over the age of 16.

CANADA FUCKING OWNS!! =] =] =] =] =]

Pessimissm: American corporations will end this movement because of the prison system. The American goverenment willl attempt to link drug use with terrorism and other "serious" crimes. Conservatives will denounce canadians as "sinners" "communists" or "liberal freaks". The movement will be over turned or used to American advantage, thus creating friction and tension between the only country in the world that doesnt hate us besides Isreal.

Optimism: The obvious gains in freedom as well as new knowledge PROVED from these new laws (ie marijuana smoking doestn cause cancer) will trigger simalar movements in this country. I will recieve a flying unicorn for my birthday.

Looks like the CIA's got some new work cut out for them

Rellik said:

So I guess I'm in the minority that thinks legalising weed is stupid. :)

Legalising weed is stupid.

Hmm...lets see. It will reduce crime, possibly drug ODs, prison overpopulation...and the majority of the population will be happier.

Fredrik said:

Legalising weed is completely fucking retarded.

You could say that for legalising alcohol, but look what Prohibition did for trying to cut back on alchol related deaths or crime.

I really don't see weed being legalized. In fact, I'd say that more drugs will become Illegal, I have a feeling that smoking will be banned within the next ten years.

Fredrik said:
I hope to see smoking banned in ten years. Not alcohol though. Alcohol can be good to an extent.

But how are supposed to control the population if we ban smoking? :P

Fredrik, the study says that marijana is less harmful than alcohol. Seriously, you people (yes, you people) have no moral leg to stand on.

Fredrik, the study says that marijana is less harmful than alcohol.

Yeah, I know it is. But that isn't really the issue. The issue that marijuana is a direct portal to heavier drugs.

I don't do drugs, so I can't really see any mary j being legalised anytime soon. I would like to see cigs banned, alcohol banned, and marijuana banned, but that's another thread entirely, for now.

I'd like to see Doomboy banned. But that's another thread entirely.

DooMBoy said:

I would like to see cigs banned, alcohol banned, and marijuana banned, but that's another thread entirely, for now.

It may have escaped your notice but marijuana IS banned ...duh

Hmm...lets see. It will reduce crime, possibly drug ODs, prison overpopulation...and the majority of the population will be happier.

1. Reduces crime by simply making somethig not a crime anymore. You aren't "reducing crime" as much as you're "reducing law". :p

2. As Weed is a gateway drug, in teh long run it'll increase the number of OD's.

3. Legalizing murder would not only relieve prison over population, but general over-population as well.

4. The majority of the population doesn't smoke weed, so why would be happier? other than their'd be alot more videos of stoned skaters smacking their heads on the sidewalk on REAL TV. :D

marijana is less harmful than alcohol.

Just cuz something is less bad than something else, doesn't make it good.

In the end I think it'd do more bad than good to legalize it. Alchohol does enough damage, do we really need another intoxicant to add to it?

Hey Fodders, youcan find out anything so what's the deal with Holland? What happened when they legalized weed and set up those drug parks? Did it actually make things better?

DooMBoy said:

I don't do drugs, so I can't really see any mary j being legalised anytime soon. I would like to see cigs banned, alcohol banned, and marijuana banned,

yeah that sounds like a great fucking idea. While we're at it, lets put a limit on how many children people are allowed to have, or what time of day they can be allowed on the streets. What a stupid fucking thing to say. If you don't do any of that shit, fine. You know the roots of all the worlds problems stem from this:
Someone trying to tell someone else what to do.
go ahead, look it up. in all of history this is a unifying theme. In fact it's happening right now in the middle east.
Palestine: Give our land back
Israel: No
it's fucking morons like DoomBoy that perpetuate this bullshit