Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthias

[Heretic] Issue with textures

Question

Hi,

So I downloaded "Medival" texture pack from Realm667 and try to load it as recourse for my new map. But this happened:

Screenshot_3.png.742562b9ec9fb71052448fdf0246d90e.png

And this can't be ignored because it causes a crash of DB2 (the same with GZDB2)

So I decided to take a look at some texture that is mentioned in the error dialogue. BLUFRA7 for example

Screenshot_4.png.248f8165d4ad2d60a4537546bc66f7ff.png

Screenshot_5.png.9e6bf974c271541e7c7d14337d1b0eb3.png

Oh, so it seems be to twice in the wad file. One time as a wall texture, second as a floor texture. So this is the issue? it's not allowed to use same name twice for an entry?

Also in Texture1 it seems the wall texture is made by the floor texture. It says with some markers to the texture "use this floor texture on this wall here but copying twice in row" or something. I have no idea how it works.

Screenshot_6.png.38f21b95d58c7d7511f85a207e14c59d.png

So what am I missing here? How to fix this? I have no much experience with textures as general, so please, help.

Also I am not sure what is the "missing lump" log. What does it mean and how to fix it?

Sad thing is, it seems to be the only texture pack that is for Heretic and contains a crate texture :(

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, Matthias said:

Oh, so it seems be to twice in the wad file. One time as a wall texture, second as a floor texture. So this is the issue? it's not allowed to use same name twice for an entry?

This is not the issue. Same named patch and flat is generally OK.

The "double defined texture" error refers to the entries inside TEXTURE1. Sort them by name and you will see that some appear twice. Delete the redundant ones.

In the middle of the top panel in SLADE3, set "Base resource" to "HERETIC.WAD". Then you will see textures inside TEXTURE1 properly.

The graphic WALL07 is in Heretic.wad and also defined in PNAMES of medivltx.wad. If you have Heretic.wad above medivltx.wad in the resource list in DB, the error should not be there.