Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Your Desktop

Well, I got 2 desktops I like to switch between. The first one is here: http://www.doomworld.com/demise/shit/desktop.jpg It's pretty simple, looks a little busy in that shot thought because I'm trying to show the trillian skin off. I don't use trillian anymore though.

This one is spucial: http://www.doomworld.com/demise/shit/desktop2.jpg Why is it spucial? Because that isn't actually a photograph of the chick, it's a photoshop painting. Sure there are better photoshop paintings out now, but this one started the whole thing, when it came out no one believed it was an actual painting. I can't blame them, the hair is a lot more real than mine, and mine wasn't painted. =P

Here. With my newest wallpaper. I took that shot when I beat the game Duke Nukem : Manhattan Project, then I decided that it would be a kickass wallpaper.

I would show you my desktop, but apparently Boomspeed decided to cancel my account because I violated their ToS somehow that they won't specify. Whatever.

My desktop is just an ordinary blue background; coincedentally, blue is also my favorite color. :)

lament said:

http://lament.hypermart.net/shot.png

The image of the Earth on the background is updated every five minutes and actually shows where the night shadow currently is.

You should try xplanet instead; its the same thing but with a texture mapped globe (I think its bump mapped too), it looks a lot better.

fraggle said:

You should try xplanet instead; its the same thing but with a texture mapped globe (I think its bump mapped too), it looks a lot better.

Ooooh, thanks!

fraggle said:

I tried xplanet, I wasn't impressed for some reason. Although I do have to admit it did look tons better than what lament was using, especially with clouds wrapped over the globe.

IMJack: That's the same winamp skin I was using 3 years ago.

GS-1719 said:

Is there a problem with the link or something?

Yup, you guessed it.

Lord FlatHead said:

You've already downloaded the pic, so it's still in your cache.

It works for me just fine (copy + paste) ;)

orion said:

Jesus, that's cluttered as hell.

It's pretty logical. Games and apps on lower left, Doom and emulators on the right, heavy duty stuff on top and "real" programs on the left.

Well since I don't have anywhere to upload anything I'll just describe mine:

Typical Win98 layout, with icons in the upper left and the taskbar at the bottom. Danarchy symbol as the background, Invader Zim icons galore, and some Doomy stuff too. I changed the taskbar and stuff to a slate color with dark red at the top of the windows and this relly fucked up font that I like but no one else can read called Clockwork. I always have BersIRC and WinAmp open.