Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdirBlaz

How do I fix this? [FIXED]

And here I have another level-creating issue. So for some reason, and there's no lines or vectors in Doombuilder that says anything is here, there's this little square of a "barrier" that just happens to decide to exist in an outdoor area of the map. It's right next to the doorway too, and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Note: I've found that it only takes up the space between the window and the door. Not to mention there's no sector there or anything.

Screenshot of me ramming my face into the invisible barrier & showing the area in Doombuilder:

broke2.jpg

broke3.png

Edited by AdirBlaz : Added note. And screenshot.

Sounds like a nodebuilder hiccup. Making unrelated changes to the map might get rid of it, eventually. Saving with a different nodebuilder should help immediately.

52 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Sounds like a nodebuilder hiccup. Making unrelated changes to the map might get rid of it, eventually. Saving with a different nodebuilder should help immediately.

I have no idea how to change the nodebuilder.

So uh. My boundary issue is getting worse over time. I've tried a few things, building irrelevant areas, touching up the leftover vectors or deleting some, and uh..

I can barely walk out of the door now, and objects around that wall are floating.

I found a fix. The weird invisible-wall disappeared when I made a tiny triangular sector by the window.

broke3.jpg

Edited by AdirBlaz

I'm wondering if you have (well, had) an unclosed sector somewhere. That can sometimes cause weird issues like those. I recall my 32-in-24-13 map unintentionally had a giant invisible pit in the middle of some stairs due to similar issues, fixed by fixing up the sectors around the offending area.