Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo6046

The DecoBot!

DecoBots: Friends or Enemies

They do talk a lot, but they do fight too! DecoBots are here to make your day happier! They can pick up and use any weapon (no idea if that works in Zandronum 3), and, of course, talk! Because you can't take the freedom of speech from bots.

Stats:

• Meant to work with Zandronum 3.0/ZDoom 2.7 and above (limited features)
  • Tested with QZDoom (full featured)

Grab it here!

DISCLAIMER: It will sometimes crash. Why?? I don't know, you redacted!

Screenies:

Spoiler

fgaDOmX.png

iugnN3E.png

iBOmGHV.png

When retarded Roblox videos are playing

54TEdLH.png

When actual videos are playing

TlEbp1F.png

Edited by Gustavo6046 : v10

Instead of two DECORATE.txt's, you can have the two with unique names then mentioned in DECORATE like this:

#include DECOBOT1

#include DECOBOT2

This sort of thing makes PK3 files more manageable when you don't want everything in one DECORATE lump.

Thank you. I think I decided to change the extension to make it easier. It is not easy to maintain that kind of DECORATE file index (as I learned with Sentient Mushes maintainance) :P

Just clickety click that link! (I've made way more changes than that)

And regarding the crashing, you could ask to see if you can have things debugged by showing things off in the thread and at the ZDoom forums.

Mmh, this seems definitely interesting. Altho it could definitely have some improvement, mostly in how the strafing is handled to make it look less "jumpy", for lack of a better word. Also im pretty sure the "Voice for..." message should not appear normally and it's kind of annoying anyways.

Im also pretty sure you should give credit to the guy that started this project originally over at the zandro forums. 

On 19/12/2017 at 7:33 PM, Claus said:

Im also pretty sure you should give credit to the guy that started this project originally over at the zandro forums. 

Oh, yes. The CREDITS lump. I will do that. Either way, he did give me permission to continue the DecoBot saga :P

----

Today's weather preview is a rain of Doomguys!

K7DXkJO.png

v10 is coming!

Edited by Gustavo6046

Now that v10 was released, I'll now dedicate in a ZScript sequel: the ZetaBots, with full A* pathfinding, and a bit more!

qAhAris.png

Edited by Gustavo6046