Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krull

Archvile resurrection conditions

Question

6 answers to this question

OK. Before each step, Archvile checks the position one step in front of his current position under his current angle, and if a corpse overlaps that position and nothing physically blocks the corpse (including the Archvile's own body on his position before making the step), he resurrects it. If your Archviles have only enough room to move left and right, their angle will keep bouncing between directly left and directly right, and never steer to the side towards the corpses, so they will never check for corpses in that direction. Give them room to make steps into the direction where the corpses actually are.

Those corpses on the conveyor belt were actually once living monsters, they aren't the already-dead decorative-only corpses you can place in a map editor, right?

I know (or at least i'm pretty sure, if some threads about some similar topics I read last week are anything to go by) that on gzdoom if an enemy was killed then crushed it gets turned into a decorative corpse thing, which isnt resurrectable, so if you are testing on that port make sure that that isn't happening (there are ways to disable that but it is kind of complicated and not really worth it imo)