Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mArt1And00m3r11339

Uploading wad file with sound packs

Something that I've been wondering is; would it be acceptable to upload a wad file to /idgames with an entire sound pack merged into the file? I was planning on using Doom 3 sounds in some of my projects and the reason why I asked is because I opened up the Doom 3 sound pack with Slade and discovered that several of the sound patches are in Ogg format and my concern is that if I were to upload my wad file containing those, my file may get rejected. The sound pack in the link below is the one that I am talking about.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/sounds/d3snds

If I am not mistaken, you need some kind of permission to use the content you want to include in your wad. Did the author allow it to be used in other wads?

It shouldn't be a problem since its already on idgames, the fella who uploaded it has given permission to use as required.

Probably best you only include the sounds you use to keep the size down, Ogg could be (or not) music so ditch it if your not using it.

51 minutes ago, Chamelenoel said:

If I am not mistaken, you need some kind of permission to use the content you want to include in your wad. Did the author allow it to be used in other wads?

The author said you can.