Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Bloody Rust 3 (Now on IDGames!)

Hello Everyone! and welcome to Bloody Rust 3.

DL5zuedWkAA7BE2.png

This project is the 3rd installment of the Bloody Rust series. Like last time the project goal here is to make a 6 map wad with the theme of an old, rusting, tech environment. Maps are to be made for Boom compatibility or lower. Custom midis for this project will be provided by Alfonzo once each map has been completed. The map order will be determined once 6 maps have been accepted.

Bloody Rust 3

Current mappers & maps:

Map01 - Hydrogen Leak by Ahmed

Map02 - Claustrophobia Machine by nxgangrel

Map03 - Smelting Point by dt_

Map04 - Lithosphere by Melon & Jaws In Space

Map05 - The Building by Joe-Ilya

Map06 - Instability by NoReason

midi tracks

01 - Prime Mover by Alfonzo

02 - Soul Clamp by Alfonzo

03 - Copperhead by Alfonzo

04 - Total NoThingness by Bucket

05 - Digging Up Ghosts by Alfonzo

06 - Music from Decent level 13

Title - Bloody Rust 2 Title by Alfonzo
Inter - Transition by Bucket
Story - If I Lose Again by KevinHEZ

There are several Custom / Altered enemies included for you to use
-Demon Replacement - Much faster & now fires a projectile (The Spectre remains unchanged)
-Baron Replacement - The Hellion from Realm667, an Arch-Vile that doesn't resurrect monsters.
-Cyberdemon Replacement - Now the Cybruiser from Realm667
-SS Nazi - Auto Shotgun Guy from Realm667, drops a standard shotgun

*The Pistol Guy & Shotgun guy have been swapped to account for the hard coded ammo drops. Likewise the Clip & the Shotgun have been swapped.

Don't Place Spider Masterminds in your map!

The custom textures were taken from the following resources.
-5th Episode
-Anachronox

-Darkening E2
-Duke Nukem
-Monster Hunter LTD
-Too Much Brown

-Mutiny
The custom sky was made by Eradrop

Edited by Jaws In Space

If no one else would be interested, I could probably make something for this small project.

Looking forward to composing, this time with a bit of a head start! If you have an idea of what you'd like the music for your level to sound similar to or inspired by, hit me up. Otherwise I'll happily wing it in the direction I was headed with BR2.

Good luck, all!

I think this is quite interesting, so I'd like to make a map too!

UPD: Wow, these textures are amazing!!

Okay everybody that's enough mappers signed up for the project to fill all 6 map slots. In fact that's actually one mapper too many, though no one needs to worry about that issue. If everyone who signed up manages to submit a good enough map I'll just pull my own for another time.

2 minutes ago, Gothic said:

I'm sorry, I didn't notice there were already 6 mappers, so sign me out.

No worries, I just didn't manage to get online in time to close submission before you made a post. If anyone happens to drop out I'll let you know first.

Is it okay to share WIP screenshots in the "Post your Doom picture thread"? Just wondering.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, Jaws In Space said:

The custom textures were taken from the following resources.

-5th Episode
-Anachronox
-Duke Nukem
-Monster Hunter LTD
-Too Much Brown

-Mutiny
The custom sky was made by Eradrop

You also have textures from Darkening E2 in there.

Wait, Bloody Rust 3? Did Bloody Rust 2 get released while I was not looking? I remember it being announced, but the last time I checked, it was still work in progress.

Hey guys I'm setting a deadline for July 1st on map submissions. Map slots will be reopened to new mappers at that time if not all 6 maps are filled.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, A7MAD said:

I made a relatively short map , but here :

Well I had fun with this map. It's short, but action packed.

Spoiler

I do have a few complaints about the map I'd like to see addressed. The biggest issue is some ugly texture transitions scattered throughout the map, just a few are seen in the screenshots below. I'd suggest placing one of the several support textures at these transitions. Or for the transitions as seen in the 1st screenshot, just keep the same textures as the surrounding ones.

Besides the texturing problems the only other suggestion I have is to add one additional monster ambush right before the exit, perhaps by having a key door or switch to get into the exit.

DfYI9CP.png

TpBRN2b.png

aXnDjkz.png

Did this actually happen? Because I never knew the series existed so I was gonna play all episodes like a little marathon.

Hello everybody, I'm going to give this one more try. The 4 remaining map slots for this project are open for anyone to claim.

I've waited some days and notice that still no one else has applied, so I'd like to put my hand up for the project. I have no public releases to my name, but without anyone else expressing interest at this time I thought there no harm in expressing my own. I understand of course if you can't take me on or if my map should be rejected, but I thought that attempting to make some movement on the project would be better than none. The map is early in the making in the attached gif but I hope proof of not complete incompetence (I have not yet made use of any of your custom resources; texturing is not final, I just like to have something as I go along and begin with more 'vanilla' textures).

ru.gif

So I've had a look at the resource pack and it seems very cool and makes me want to play with it and see what I can come up with, but I know that I have a bad habit of getting excited and then running out of steam or ending up with something else eating up my time and attention.  @Jaws In Space, I would like to see what I can come up with here but I don't want to "claim" a map slot and then disappoint you and everyone else involved.  Do you mind if I experiment and then get back to you if and when something starts to firm up?

2 hours ago, mappr said:

I have no public releases to my name, but without anyone else expressing interest at this time I thought there no harm in expressing my own. I understand of course if you can't take me on or if my map should be rejected, but I thought that attempting to make some movement on the project would be better than none.

You shouldn't have any reason to feel hesitant about signing up for a community project. If fact I rather encourage it for newer mappers, it's a great way to get plenty of feedback right at the start of your mapping so you can quickly find out what works & what doesn't. What you have there looks fine to me, so keep at it.

1 hour ago, TheOrganGrinder said:

So I've had a look at the resource pack and it seems very cool and makes me want to play with it and see what I can come up with, but I know that I have a bad habit of getting excited and then running out of steam or ending up with something else eating up my time and attention.  @Jaws In Space, I would like to see what I can come up with here but I don't want to "claim" a map slot and then disappoint you and everyone else involved.  Do you mind if I experiment and then get back to you if and when something starts to firm up?

Sure feel free. This project though small isn't filling up too fast so I think you'll have some time to experiment for a little bit.