Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The-Heretic-Assassin

Play What You Want, Listen To Your Heart

Recommended Posts

Listen to the heart of the cards, Yugi

 

also I'm odd because I actually enjoy a good review, and it doesn't influence my decisions too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

Listen to the heart of the cards, Yugi

I will!!!
 

7 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

also I'm odd because I actually enjoy a good review, and it doesn't influence my decisions too much. 

You aren't odd,a good review is always fun :D usually instead of replaying a wad i just read the reviews on DW or from Doomed WAD Reviews and i get the same fun factor.

Share this post


Link to post

My heart wanted to replay Dead Rising 2 but on PC. Reviews said it was a shitty port. I was in denial. Started playing it. They were right. It runs like ass. My heart was wrong, now I don't want to play it. For shame.

 

They did good by removing GFWL but couldn't be bothered to make the fucking controls rebindable without modifying some text file that has the controls preset? This is 2017, every game should have rebindable controls. If old games don't have them, they should be updated.

Share this post


Link to post

That's what I'm doing but it's easy for me since I'm a pirate. I imagine when there are money involved, that might increase the need for additional research.

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't agree more. I got PUBG because all my friends were playing it and it was the "hottest" game out right now. It was fucking atrocious, and probably the least entertaining game I've ever played. I have no idea why a walking simulator is the most-played game in recent years. There have been other games with overwhelmingly positive reviews that I just couldn't get into. The Witcher 3 bored me. I couldn't get into Crypt of the Necrodancer. etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, stru said:

There have been other games with overwhelmingly positive reviews that I just couldn't get into.

For me it's a often the opposite, some of the "unknown" games I've picked up and enjoyed, especially ones dating from the early-to-mid '00s, are abysmally low rated on review scores.  Daemon Vector comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post

Soliciting the opinions of other people doesn't mean forsaking your own. I also think it's good that people sometimes try out games they actually don't want to play, and make a habit of at least periodically straying from their comfort zones.  

Edited by Ajora

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

For me it's a often the opposite, some of the "unknown" games I've picked up and enjoyed, especially ones dating from the early-to-mid '00s, are abysmally low rated on review scores.  Daemon Vector comes to mind.

There are a lot of games that got such shit that I enjoyed SO much. Dragon Age Inquisition comes to mind. Everyone hated that game and said it was worst in the series. I played the hell out of it and enjoyed every second. Same with Call of Duty WW2. I think this one is better than any Call of Duty dropped in the last 4 years. But nobody seems to agree, and that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone look reviews after buying a game? I usually do that (I feel great when the review is positive) and from the game knowledge I have acquired through the years, I remember many bad and good games, so I don't have to watch a review, except if the game is completely new. Then I go with my heart mostly and maybe a trusted reviewer.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

You shouldn't have to listen to reviews to get what you want.

I don't listen to/read reviews to get what I want, I do that to avoid the stuff that I don't want.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

You shouldn't have to listen to reviews to get what you want.

I will now listen to you to get what I want.

Share this post


Link to post

I've ceased listening to reviewers years ago. If I like what I'm seeing damn right I'm not going to care whether they bash it or not, I'll make my own mind. The only time I still look for a review or 2 is in the case of universally panned stuff, cancerous trash that actually should be avoided.

Share this post


Link to post

Back in the early to mid 90's I'd read the games magazines for reviews and I felt they gave you a pretty accurate view of the game.

These days EVERYONE is a critic and it only takes one bad review to come out and the masses follow like sheep and scream from the rooftops about how bad the game is.

So today I don't listen to any reviews and my choice as to whether I buy the game or not is mine and mine alone.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, PizzaGuy said:

Back in the early to mid 90's I'd read the games magazines for reviews and I felt they gave you a pretty accurate view of the game.

These days EVERYONE is a critic and it only takes one bad review to come out and the masses follow like sheep and scream from the rooftops about how bad the game is.

So today I don't listen to any reviews and my choice as to whether I buy the game or not is mine and mine alone.

I agree and share the exact same views on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

You shouldn't have to listen to reviews to get what you want.

i bet the people who got no man's sky would heavily disagree after getting what was delivered over what was promised.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×