Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

26 minutes ago, therektafire said:

did you remove the little wall cutouts in the back of each room? That is where the map portals were supposed to go, with a screenshot of the particular map

Yes, I've removed those cutouts, because we have the united Gate-portal

I'll take room 2 since I'm map 2 lol

do we have to use the cc4 textures or can we use textures from our maps? 

Edited by Major Arlene

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

do we have to use the cc4 textures or can we use textures from our maps? 

Room will consist of previous cc4 textures, just because it's the bunker room. But any furniture, posters, carpets, bed can be added/retextured by your choice. Just please don't touch the walls and main floor/ceiling textures.

@DeXiaZ any reason why we can't edit base wall/floor textures or maybe some slight redesign/detailing of the room? i feel like that could give the creators a bit more fun to work with (nothing drastic, but could make it a bit more unique and fun for the players to check out).

The storyplot of this mod is "Hellknights captured the world and they are everywhere. Few doomguys have tactically escaped into bunker".

Sorry, but in real life the military bunkers doesn't have individually created rooms. And I'm thinking that's the point - you can add something new INTO room, but you can't "brick" walls to make them different in any way. You just have no time. It's the war time, you need to think about hellknights at first time.

I thought that's obvious. Remember how military barracks looks like...

Well i wasn't sure how realistic we wanted this hub to be, being a hell knight invasion XD

@DeXiaZ

i understand the design theme now. Was just asking if you were concerned about spacing issues. 

Is it really necessary for the barracks to be that realistic? I doubt many people will actually stop to think about it (that's if they actually give a damn about the story in the first place).

40 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Is it really necessary for the barracks to be that realistic?

They are already unrealistic, just becase the real barracks does not use split rooms.

41 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I doubt many people will actually stop to think about it (that's if they actually give a damn about the story in the first place).

Imagine that one room is extra big sized and have pink walls, and the next room is much smaller with gold colors. Do you find this "okay"? Me never

I mean we're talking about a Doom wad here, it could be really realistic or really unrealistic and I wouldn't care as long as it's fun. But that's just me

Guys, you've impressed me. For me, who doing shitmods without any realism, I found your logic really strange. Some things should be realistic in Doom mods, even it's a jokewad about "150 hellknights with megasphere somewhere". Even more, most maps in this project are not "surreal", so the dorm bunker with randomized rooms looks even more surreal than flying airplanes with hellknights. Well, dat sucks. I just don't get it.

I can see you have your heart really set on realistic structured rooms ( which is fine, I was just seeking clarification/reasoning)

however I will say the line between "too silly/unrealistic"  seems to be not entirely defined, so some who were hoping for greater artistic license may be confused as to the issue.

also, following the original archaic design goals, will the hub be still one connected room?

6 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

also, following the original archaic design goals, will the hub be still one connected room? 

Yeah, I'll save that concept

1 minute ago, DeXiaZ said:

That's kinda strange, I never saw your map before. So, there are 19...

No I think mine made a total of 18 as far as I knew. Well this is kind of awkward haha

No, your map was not included into beta build. I've checked it now, it already have 18 maps. Your will be #19.

That's not so good for my HUB Gate design, I'll need to think how I should place those buttons now

6 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

What exactly am I doing wrong here? This wont be the final texture I use but thats besides the point

I found your sky problem. You have four textures named MCSKY, and the game is using a different one than the map editor is using. Remove the first three, leaving the one where the patch covers the entire texture.

Also, you have a lot of missing-patch errors.

5 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

That's not so good for my HUB Gate design, I'll need to think how I should place those buttons now

It's not that bad. Depending on how many portal gates you want to make:

3 portals: 6 buttons, 6 buttons, 7 buttons

4 portals: 5 buttons, 5 buttons, 5 buttons, 4 buttons

5 portals: 4 buttons, 4 buttons, 4 buttons, 4 buttons, 3 buttons

6 and 7 portals starts to defeat the purpose of portal gates, in my opinion.

How about 20 portals, no buttons, and the 20th portal leads back to the portal map, starting it over? Or, 4 or 5 portals with 5 or 4 buttons, including the one that leads back to the portal map? This also leaves room for one additional map, should one just happen to come up in time.

Surprise people! Ugh, it's been a while, I would have returned sooner, but someone decided to blow up the black hole generator and stranded us on Stroggos. 

Huh, so has any progress been made on the hub? I think that I should start working on Alpha 4, there's been a few updates, and delays, but at least I haven't been planning on making anyone my bitch, yet...

1 hour ago, 94's the best style said:

Huh, so has any progress been made on the hub?

Oh, my friend, I've already buried you...

YGUgNeAl.png

I might drop in a map, but it won't be anywhere near the quality of the ones I'm seeing here.  It will be a joke level though.

Just now, Doge Sword said:

I might drop in a map, but it won't be anywhere near the quality of the ones I'm seeing here.  It will be a joke level though.

It's technically a joke wad, so that's alright, but you should be quick, if you release a map, it would round maps to 20, which would be nice.

1 minute ago, 94's the best style said:

It's technically a joke wad, so that's alright, but you should be quick, if you release a map, it would round maps to 20, which would be nice.

Ok.  I'm starting mapping right now, but that doesn't mean I will actually come out with a product.