Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

52 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

I counted 22 with X, @DanielAlexander is still up in the air. Also, I spy a red baron, (well, almost).

i was hoping to throw in a boss at the end somewhere along those lines, but like i said it depends on how generous you are and if i can convince myself to do a little sprite work.

11 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

i was hoping to throw in a boss at the end somewhere along those lines, but like i said it depends on how generous you are and if i can convince myself to do a little sprite work.

Considering that I'm working on a hub right now, and that we are at least getting over dozen maps, I feel like there's place for at least two episodes. My own submission map ended up having less to do with darkness, and became more of a wolf pack boss map. Speaking of which... 

T7JcJ2u.png

c8K97a1.png

My map is at beatable state, and I've also compiled all of the monsters and weapons into one neat wad. I also have a pk3 for cool Rise of the Triad style voxxel platforms made by @AFADoomer back in 2012, gzdoombuilder will complain about missing sprites, those can be ignored for now, I'll have to fix that soon.

My map needs all of these three files to run.

tower infinity wtextures.zip

48k weapons monsters mix.zip

platform.zip

Edited by 94's the best style

I haven't played the map yet, but if 

3 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

Considering that I'm working on a hub right now, and that we are at least getting over dozen maps, I feel like there's place for at least two episodes. My own submission map ended up having less to do with darkness, and became more of a wolf pack boss map. Speaking of which... 

T7JcJ2u.png

c8K97a1.png

I haven't played the map yet, but if you wanted to keep the darkness map, you could always make the sky just a pitch black texture, and have the baron platforms have a flashing light or something. just a thought.

little bug while testing the map, incidentally the thing # for the realm667 cloud spawner is exactly the same as the cyber baron  one currently, causing a lot more cyber barons to spawn then i wanted.

Can i change the thing # of the cloud spawner and upload that for you to add, or would you prefer I just incorporate that stuff into the WAD and give it once i upload the map?

Screenshot_Doom_20180102_191123.png

7 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

little bug while testing the map, incidentally the thing # for the realm667 cloud spawner is exactly the same as the cyber baron  one currently, causing a lot more cyber barons to spawn then i wanted.

Can i change the thing # of the cloud spawner and upload that for you to add, or would you prefer I just incorporate that stuff into the WAD and give it once i upload the map?

Screenshot_Doom_20180102_191123.png

Try id 31113 for cloudspawner

Does anyone know how the zdoom spark generator works? Since you aren't allowed to use doors in the map I am going to basically have it to where all the important doors just look like they are broken :) But I seem to be having a bit of a difficult time with that... on the wiki it says it produces sparks when activated but I'm not seeing any sparks come out, even when I have the player walk over a linedef with action 130 thing_activate ion it... at first I thought it might have something to do with it being uncolored but apparently it only takes 1 argument for the number of sparks, not the color. So I am kind of at a loss as to what to do :(

edit: I got it to work, never mind

Edited by therektafire

The Cathedral

cathedral2.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20180103_171450.png.21727a370df8e92ff745fccb88fbb950.png

Boom format

Textures: crusherexperiment1.9.2.wad, VHard.wad

Music: Knightrider of Doom - Battle of the Gods

Edited by DanielAlexander

1 hour ago, 94's the best style said:

And that makes four, (or five if you count mine) maps!

Does that include the one I uploaded in the old thread?

44 minutes ago, Empyre said:

Does that include the one I uploaded in the old thread?

No. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading the discussions about it in the old thread, but it must have flown past me.

Found it, hktower2, right?

I don't see a problem with doing that. It's still part of a continuous space. It's not a "door" to another whole room. I feel like bars separating areas should be allowed. That's really the only way to build some kind of progression without doors.

7 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

No. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading the discussions about it in the old thread, but it must have flown past me.

Found it, hktower2, right?

That's the one. If somebody finds a problem, or comes up with an idea for it good enough to draw me back in, I can make another update, but otherwise, I am happy with it as-is. Also, I am open for ideas for a better name than Hell Knight Tower.

On 2.1.2018 at 8:10 PM, DerFurer'sFace said:

I haven't played the map yet, but if 

I haven't played the map yet, but if you wanted to keep the darkness map, you could always make the sky just a pitch black texture, and have the baron platforms have a flashing light or something. just a thought.

Thanks for the tip.

3bFzSra.png1Fer41E.png

It's plenty creepy now.

@Empyre, recorded a demo of your map, in GZdoom 3.2.4.0 

Seems that skilllevels have been ennabled, there was under one hundred monsters on skill 3.

Empyretower.zip

Edited by 94's the best style

24 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

@Empyre, recorded a demo of your map, in GZdoom 3.2.4.0 

Seems that skilllevels have been ennabled, there was under one hundred monsters on skill 3.

Empyretower.zip

This raises a question: is the requirement that there be at least 150 hell knights on ALL difficulties?

Yes, skill levels are fully implemented, including extra monsters in coop. Skill 3 coop and skill 4 single-player have 171 hell knights and 1 baron. Skill 4 coop adds 32 barons. Skills 1 and 2 substitute some of the hell knights with imps.

I tested it, and was able to do a UV max, even though I am not a god-tier player. A UV max with the coop monsters might or might not require respawning ammo.

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

This raises a question: is the requirement that there be at least 150 hell knights on ALL difficulties?

It would be good to be from at least Hurt Me plenty upwards, as that's the normal difficulty. I would have 150+ knights in all difficulties, and just put some more powerups and medikits in TYTD and HNTR

OK, I have re-done the monsters to comply:

Easy single-player has 171 hell knights and 1 baron.

Easy coop and medium single-player have 171 hell knights, 48 imps, and 1 baron.

Medium coop and hard single-player have 219 hell knights and 1 baron.

Hard coop has 171 hell knights and 49 barons.

The file is now too big to upload here, so I had to upload it here, instead. I renamed it to eemap01.wad to fit the requirements in the first post of this thread: the first and last letters in Empyre, and MAP01 to indicate that it is the first map I am submitting.

EDIT: If you want to edit it to replace all imps with the Hell Squires described in the first post, feel free. Then, the all-Hell-noble theme will be complete.

Starship Map V0.2

VISUALS ARE NOWHERE CLOSE TO FINAL

In addition to being very visually unpolished, the map is also currently in the wrong slot and has none of the custom monsters/weapons as of yet.

This is just a test to see if I missed any glaring bugs or gameplay issues before i move into the polishing phase. The map IS currently complete-able however.

Feedback/demos greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Plusw said:

Starship Map V0.2

In addition to being very visually unpolished, the map is also currently in the wrong slot and has none of the custom monsters/weapons as of yet.

This is just a test to see if I missed any glaring bugs or gameplay issues before i move into the polishing phase. The map IS currently complete-able however.

Tested your map. I used GZDoom 3.2.5. I was sucking hard today so I used saves. Some cramped and fun fights in the beginning and middle, but I'm guessing you kinda lost inspiration towards the end, idk, "here have this BFG and blast these Knights, press switches to move forward". I hated fighting the PEs as one was propelled away the platform and I didn't have chaingun ammo.

Anyways, found some issues

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224134.png.ecbd2aee57b1d08308ed71061ff2f258.png

You can get stuck here

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224226.png.6707aaef2959bf6157e8dc32521051a8.png

You can press this repeteadly, lowering the floor each time, displaying HOMs and stuff.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224329.png.cd91c1ba5dfbb9d0381c80ced6640a4e.png
Nitpick. The first pillar lets you sneak easily by the right of it, but you get stuck in the second one kinda ruining the flow of battle. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224906.png.4003294a6b62726d2692cfde27ac6f68.png

These guys didn't teleport I think (or did i skip/miss a trigger?)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224728.png.450c3d9b1d6e6fac10f3570dc8b09900.png
This "glass" lets you go through it, when in the start there is a glass that doesn't

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_224644.png.2e331342ae4fbf930a421c746daf082b.png
The BFG lift is missing textures (?). Same with the blue keycard but wasn't sure if that was intentional

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_235038.png.9b28785e4b0da7311cb198bfa0e04c65.png
Maybe it's intentional, but you can get an early berserk pack like this.

On 8.1.2018 at 11:08 PM, Plusw said:

Starship Map V0.2

Trying to record a FDA for this map made me cry, and burned most of my freetime, didn't even finish. 

Plusw.zip

On 9.1.2018 at 4:01 PM, Major Arlene said:

Okay! I'm finally feeling brave enough to post this up, here goes.

On 9.1.2018 at 4:01 PM, Major Arlene said:

Okay! I'm finally feeling brave enough to post this up, here goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h599writcoekhax/harkonnen2.wad?dl=0

This still definitely needs work but it is at least a functioning map. MAP 02 slot, GZDoom please. 

No skill levels implemented as of yet. 

This still definitely needs work but it is at least a functioning map. MAP 02 slot, GZDoom please. 

No skill levels implemented as of yet. 

Man! What a great map, really enjoyed it. Remember that if you're going to make it longer, or add any more enemies, the lack of healing will start to become a problem. I was rather lucky to get everything right the first try.

Major.zip

Alright, final version is here.
Updates from the last version:

1. more monsters added (number and variety)

2. difficulty settings implemented

3. some other nitpicks (i.e. changed placement of some monster spawns, etc.)

4. working titlepatch

5. more health, armor, and ammo to make the fight more fair. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm4j7jxtvtfi7rk/harkonnen.zip?dl=0

as said above, MAP02, GZDoom.

I can't wait to see what the rest of you guys do!

58 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

Alright, final version is here.
Updates from the last version:

1. more monsters added (number and variety)

2. difficulty settings implemented

3. some other nitpicks (i.e. changed placement of some monster spawns, etc.)

4. working titlepatch

5. more health, armor, and ammo to make the fight more fair. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm4j7jxtvtfi7rk/harkonnen.zip?dl=0

as said above, MAP02, GZDoom.

I can't wait to see what the rest of you guys do!

Well, what can I say, still a great map, lot's of opportunities for fun infighting, but ammo seems to be plentiful for if you want to dirty your own hands. Readme in the zip file tells the gzdoom version for the demo recording, and slightly spoils the content. 

Major.zip

I've got a question.

Are cutscenes allowed in maps? I just want to do a small intro before the real fight.

Ok, I've got it!

I don't know exactly when I'll release my map - just waiting for my friend who will compose custom special track for my map + I'm working with ACS now (to create this cutscene, yeah).