Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

2 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

a lot of people are wary of dropbox, as I've found out

The only reason to be wary of Dropbox is if you don't know or trust the uploader, I'd think it would be fine to trust any known DW member posting their own Dropbox links.

Hey fellas is it too late to join the party? I took a pretty big hiatus after this project was cancelled and didn't know it was revived. Guessing it is too late though due to the deadline being the 1st of April :(

On 4/12/2018 at 4:06 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Hey fellas is it too late to join the party? I took a pretty big hiatus after this project was cancelled and didn't know it was revived. Guessing it is too late though due to the deadline being the 1st of April :(

@94's the best style would have the final say in this, but, in my opinion, if @therektafire is still working on the hub map, and you could get your map in before therekta was finished, then I would say it could be included.

But, like I said, the project lead has the final say.

3 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@94's the best style would have the final say in this, but, in my opinion, if @therektafire is still working on the hub map, and you could get your map in before therekta was finished, then I would say it could be included.

But, like I said, the project lead has the final say.

Good point. I asked this question a while ago and since I got no reply I figured 94 wasn't interested

26 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Good point. I asked this question a while ago and since I got no reply I figured 94 wasn't interested

Id say go ahead and make it! Worst that can happen is you made a map that instead of going into this project can be put in another or you release anyways.

11 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

Go ahead, I've been a bit busy with Metroid hacking, and waiting for @therektafire to do his thing. @DerFurer'sFace has a good point.

Wanted to make sure I didn't proceed for no reason. Hopefully its done by the time the hub is. Thanks by the way :)

1 hour ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Wanted to make sure I didn't proceed for no reason. Hopefully its done by the time the hub is. Thanks by the way :)

Cool. The more, the merrier, in my opinion. The mapset currently has 16 maps; with your map, the total would be 17.

Out of curiosity, @94's the best style, was there anyone that showed a WIP, but didn't end up submitting a final map? There were 8 people (who hadn't yet submitted a map) that had X's next to their names on the first page, indicating that those people were still interested in creating a map. (9 if you count @therektafire, but I assume he'll get his in when he finishes the hub.) I wonder if any of them have unfinished work?

11 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Cool. The more, the merrier, in my opinion. The mapset currently has 16 maps; with your map, the total would be 17.

Out of curiosity, @94's the best style, was there anyone that showed a WIP, but didn't end up submitting a final map? There were 8 people (who hadn't yet submitted a map) that had X's next to their names on the first page, indicating that those people were still interested in creating a map. (9 if you count @therektafire, but I assume he'll get his in when he finishes the hub.) I wonder if any of them have unfinished work?

Tbh, I don't remember.

I think that @THMG showed something of his map, others, I'm not sure.  

On 4/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, Pegleg said:

On 4/22/2018 at 9:46 AM, 94's the best style said:

Tbh, I don't remember.

I think that @THMG showed something of his map, others, I'm not sure.  

I was wrong about the map count. It currently stands at 17. There wasn't a link on the front to the map by 94's the best style (which is somewhat reasonable, given that 94 is the project lead).

As for WIP, I checked and answered my own question. @THMG showed a rather complete-looking map in the original thread, but not in this one. @Spie812 showed WIP early in this thread. Since the hub map is still incomplete, and the project is open again (at least briefly), would either of you like to submit your map to this project?

2 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

@bioshockfan90

@bonnie

@Eris Falling

@Quantum Dranger

@Sayok6

The project lead is open to adding maps to this megawad while waiting for the hub to be finished. At some point, you were all interested in the concept of this megawad? Would any of you like to submit a map since the mapset has been reopened?

Not sure how open it is but i'd love to make another!

@therektafire

What is the status of the hub map (and your own submission, too, which would bring the map total to 18)?

Some may be more willing to submit a map if they had an idea of the timeframe they had to work with.

3 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@therektafire

What is the status of the hub map (and your own submission, too, which would bring the map total to 18)?

Some may be more willing to submit a map if they had an idea of the timeframe they had to work with.

I second this, I want to know my time limit

10 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I second this, I want to know my time limit

You have at least this week, I will release this thing at 5th of 5th if I don't hear from the @therektafire. Releasing just a bunch of maps without a hub is better than never releasing anything. By the way, do you want pistol starts or continuous? I wish that I had enough know-how to allow players to choose, but it seems that we have to choose.

1 hour ago, 94's the best style said:

You have at least this week, I will release this thing at 5th of 5th if I don't hear from the @therektafire. Releasing just a bunch of maps without a hub is better than never releasing anything. By the way, do you want pistol starts or continuous? I wish that I had enough know-how to allow players to choose, but it seems that we have to choose.

I assume you're planning on this as a first release candidate, not the final release (so that others can play it and comment on problems).

My thoughts on continuous vs. pistol start is:

• If there is a hub, each map should be pistol start.
  • If there is no hub, make the mapset continuous.

I realize that the levels are probably balanced around pistol start, but I personally prefer weapons to carry over from one level to the next where one map leads directly to the next (as opposed to a hub). I don't think that carrying over from level to level would completely skew the balance of the game and make it less fun, although I admit that I'm not that familiar with each level.

If the game were continuous, would we have an episodic type structure? Or would we just come up with an order for the levels and go from one to the next and end after the last new map?

3 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

Releasing just a bunch of maps without a hub is better than never releasing anything

If everything is going bad, I could try to create the hub map.

BTW:

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

My thoughts on continuous vs. pistol start is:

• If there is a hub, each map should be pistol start.
  • If there is no hub, make the mapset continuous.

I realize that the levels are probably balanced around pistol start, but I personally prefer weapons to carry over from one level to the next where one map leads directly to the next (as opposed to a hub). I don't think that carrying over from level to level would completely skew the balance of the game and make it less fun, although I admit that I'm not that familiar with each level.

+100

4 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

I know for a fact i set my map to be a pistol start. It is possible and simple since we are using zdoom - GZdoom versus vanilla.

I've recently freed myself from some mapping obligations, so i could give it a shot to try to complete a map this week if that's okay

Yeah, I personally do prefer continuous play. Pros and those who want extra challenge can use the good old map mapXX command Plus these are all slaughtermaps, so weapon balance isn't as important as in very linear heavy mapsets, the point of slaughter is to have fun killing demons, right?

51 minutes ago, therektafire said:

Well here is some progress on the hub map, sorry for keeping everyone waiting so long :/

48hk1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180424_174009.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180424_174026.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180424_174037.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180424_174218.png

Interesting looking hub. It looks different from your previous "forest full of hell knights" hub.

And your delay may end up netting too additional maps (three if you include yours) for the wad. So that's a positive.

Just now, Pegleg said:

Interesting looking hub. It looks different from your previous "forest full of hell knights" hub.

And your delay may end up netting too additional maps (three if you include yours) for the wad. So that's a positive.

Well the forest wasn't going to be the hub itself, it would have been the outside of it, the part in the pictures ^^ is basically the bunker you are in as per @94's the best styles story. Also I might think about re-adding that part in, @RonnieJamesDiner's Crypt map he made for the vinesauce contest gave me some confidence that there are at least some people who are interested in the gameplay style I was thinking of. Not sure about it though yet.....

Just started to work on an idea... gonna speedmap a bit, so if i don't have it ready by this sunday, consider me out

2 hours ago, Nevander said:

I don't have a map @Pegleg so kill me from it.

If you don't have a map, you don't have a map.

I was interested in letting people know about the extra time (particularly those who had expressed interest), so they would be able to contribute if they still wanted to. My intent was to try and drum up as many maps for this project as possible, within the time constraint of May 5th.

But if you don't have a map, then you don't have one.