Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

I think it should have a separate wad to replace monsters to not interfere the original monster placement of the maps...

All right, i managed to complete a short speedmap, i made a prison themed arena map using some textures from 5th Episode texture pack from realm 667, music is a midi version of "He's back" from duke nukem 2, also i used both custom weapons

Spoiler

JlR0Fnc.png

FlmkyhJ.png

However, im a little mixed about the result, while it opens strong, the 2nd and 3rd encounters get a bit tedious to complete due to the near exclusive usage of hell knights with little variety of monsters. I would had loved to do a prison yard fight and have better monster variety on the previous encounters using some custom monsters but alas, the deadline was near and i had to finish what i had and meet the HK count, so it is what it is. I did the best i could given the time, but if you consider it's better not to include it, i don't blame you

Let me know what you guys think

prison.7z

10 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Related goofy idea: if we're counting HKs anyway, we could justify the original project title by making something special happen once the player reaches 4800 HKs killed. Maybe open up the exit for the boss/final level on the hub, for example, or just something cosmetic.

With @DMPhobos's level and assuming @therektafire gets his non-hub level finished, that would bring the total number of maps up to 19. Admittedly, I haven't played through the submitted maps (nor have I loaded them in an editor), so I don't know either of the following things:

1. The total number of hell knights there actually are in the whole map set (at least 2850 hell knights, but that's all I know).

2. The total number of hell knights you actually HAVE to kill to complete all the maps.

While I like the idea of the counter triggering something when the player reaches a certain number, I think we just have to careful to not set it to a number that is either not obtainable or requires an exceedingly high clear rate on every level, particularly if whatever the counter triggers is required to finish the whole map set.

Where do things stand with the final map?

Whether that's a final battle in the hub or a final level with a giant special hell knight or a final level that is only accessible when you finish the rest of the maps or something else?

Are we just going to have RC1 come out next Saturday, and wait to include the final boss with RC2 while we get feedback on RC1?

15 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

If you're replacing the Hell knights by creating a new actor and using the REPLACES keyword it should create a new instance that should not interfere with the inheritance from other monsters to my knowledge.

It wouldn't break the custom  monsters, but it would also not count them, unless they are also edited with the same change as the hell knight.

20 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Where do things stand with the final map?

Whether that's a final battle in the hub or a final level with a giant special hell knight or a final level that is only accessible when you finish the rest of the maps or something else?

Are we just going to have RC1 come out next Saturday, and wait to include the final boss with RC2 while we get feedback on RC1?

Let's have a hyper detailed room but it's actually all facade, and the true play area is just a large square, with 150 hell knights and mega sphere in the middle.

I'm just joking, but that would seem like the most apt realization of the inspiration. 

28 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

Let's have a hyper detailed room but it's actually all facade, and the true play area is just a large square, with 150 hell knights and mega sphere in the middle.

I'm just joking, but that would seem like the most apt realization of the inspiration. 

Why can't it be hyper detailed *and* square ;) A big square arena would definitely be something I could do. Maybe that can be what the counter is for, it is like you are stealing the souls from the HKs you kill and when you have a certain amount you can use them to power a portal to the final area, sounds like a good idea to me

I totally had a cool egyptian map idea for the final battle, but since i've been sucked into interception 2 and i want to make a really cool map for that idk if i have the time 9assuming id have time for the boss past may 5th).

@DerFurer'sFace playing your map now. I'm getting an unknown thing type in the start room, any idea what the problem might be? I have the five custom monsters and the new weapons loaded.

edit: In the console it looks like there are two unknown thing types: 30103 and 30301.

20 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

@DerFurer'sFace playing your map now. I'm getting an unknown thing type in the start room, any idea what the problem might be? I have the five custom monsters and the new weapons loaded.

edit: In the console it looks like there are two unknown thing types: 30103 and 30301.

Do you have the platforms loaded?

@Big Ol Billy

Well thing 30301 is the afrit, and thing 30103 is a hell knight corpse, are you using the latest version of the resource pack?

36 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

are you using the latest version of the resource pack?

Evidently not, is it in the op? I only see links for the 5 custom monsters and 2 weapons

8 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

Note that the release has been moved to tomorrow because putting thing into pk3s is a pain and because I've had 50% success rate in maps actually opening.

@94's the best style if I give you what I have of the hub map to you think you could add map teleports and screenshots to each entrance? If you look in the screenshots i posted before you can see that each map has a little room dedicated to it and the back wall of each room is supposed to have a picture of the map on it. But I didn't have the time to do that unfortunately :( I did finally manage to get Slade 3 working for myself but it came too little too late of course

What's the latest? I found a small bug with the HK counter and have since remedied it--in the previous version, resurrected HKs weren't counted (I suppose this is debatably a bug but it seemed wrong to me). Also throwing in some cartoony custom numbers. HK counting should be pretty robust now--I've played through all submitted maps with the status bar and checked some other scenarios like console summoning and IoS spawning. 48HK_sb_v2.wad.zip 

When we have our alpha/beta/whatever out, I have comments on all the maps I'm going to type up. Holding on while the leaders compile everything.

48hks-sb-v2.jpg.2f0d8ea4f536e22b84ae71cc6ea78a68.jpg

Maybe I just could to create the whole .pk3 from scratch? To mix all resources from all wads. Or you have managed to get all textures and other resources (and make them work properly)?

After a cursory look over what your PK3 has, here's a few steps to make things a bit better (though I make no guarantees that this is everything that needs fixing, cuz I'm at work):

• First off, delete my PK3 from within your PK3. You've already extracted its contents and put them in the root of your own PK3; there's no reason to put the PK3 itself in there as well. It'll never be read, so you're just bloating the file size.
  • Second off, remove any content inside the map WADs that isn't a map lump (so keep the header, SECTORS, LINEDEFS, etc., but not the rest). Move it to the relevant folder of your PK3 as needed if you haven't already. Be sure to rename things as needed (since I can already see two separate D_RUNNINs, each in their own map WAD, and that's not gonna do).
  • Third, make sure the name of the map header inside the map WAD matches the name of the map WAD it's in (so MAP02.WAD needs to have MAP02 in it; you can't have MAP02.WAD contain MAP01). They don't have to fit the "MAP##" format, given this is a ZDoom mapset. If there's more than one map inside a map WAD, split it into multiple map WADs such that each map is its own WAD.

That should help your PK3 be more well-formed than it currently is.

Edited by Shadow Hog : Felt like my first sentence didn't grammar good

Ok, I did the united pk3 from scratch:

https://goo.gl/1iUWEv

67 Mb instead of 120 Mb

Tested on GZDoom 2.4.0, works fine

But on 2 maps (1 - Prison Escape; the second one I forgot) some textures are not exist, they need to be added.

Also the Credits file is a mess.

Anyway, this pk3 doesn't have hub map, so Mapinfo must be Re-Edited later when HUB map will appear.

Well, so far looking decent. other than some glaring issues 

* heirophant status effect is broken

* some maps have the same music track (assumed missing).

* some maps missing textures (the 2nd is the void one on map 7

also, if someone would care to take the time, if you could change the box edges on my map to not show up on the minimap that would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't play far into each map, but I did notice some things.

• The Infinity Tower (map 6) is missing textures.
  • Maps 9 and 14 are the same map, albeit with different names and different enemy counts.
  • Maps 9, 10, and 11 all have the same music track that just continues from one map to the next without starting over. (True, Map 11 is mine, and I didn't add a music track, so that's reasonable to me if you took out D_RUNNIN.)
  • The Knight's Tower (Map 17) doesn't have 150 hell knights (it doesn't even 150 monsters) on ITYTD, unless I missed something.
  • The maps fill slot 1 through 15, 17, 20, and 31. Why is it like that?
  • Map 11 still has the name of the original file instead of the intended name of the level. True, it's my map and I hadn't actually added the correct name, but still. If someone could change "HKBONES" to "Charnel House of the Nobles" I would be much appreciative.

Otherwise, I like how the mapset is shaping up.

2 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

* heirophant status effect is broken

Well, possibly your script linked to the Map01. But your map in this pack is no more map01.

* some maps have the same music track (assumed missing).

True.

* some maps missing textures (the 2nd is the void one on map 7

True. I've added EVERY texture from EVERY wad. That means that somebody forgot to add few more textures from texture-sets they used.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

Maps 9 and 14 are the same map, albeit with different names and different enemy counts.

Really? Sorry, I didn't check those maps properly.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

Maps 9, 10, and 11 all have the same music track that just continues from one map to the next without starting over. (True, Map 11 is mine, and I didn't add a music track, so that's reasonable to me if you took out D_RUNNIN.)

Yeah, every map without music uses D_RUNNIN. I could try to find tracks for such maps if their own authors don't know which track to add/use.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

The maps fill slot 1 through 15, 17, 20, and 31. Why is it like that?

Map 17 & Map 20 were originally created as Map17 & Map 20 by their authors in Mapinfo. I've just copy-pasted them.

Map31 is a Wolfenstein Map which uses Map31 music. So I've just added it into Map31. It doesn't really matter which number this exact map must have. I mean, when HUBMAP will appear, we will edit Mapinfo again. As you can see, Map03 is "Doomguy's Initiation" which looks like the INTRO of this mod. So this map must be Map01 instead of Map03.

Map15 is Map15 due to I've added my map in the last - all other slots were filled already. Anyway, as I said before - Mapinfo must be edited. I just got a working condition.

===========================================================================================

Every map without music uses D_RUNNIN. I could try to find tracks for such maps if their own authors don't know which track to add/use.

And sorry for bad eng, lul

On 1/12/2018 at 7:13 PM, Major Arlene said:

Alright, final version is here.
Updates from the last version:

1. more monsters added (number and variety)

2. difficulty settings implemented

3. some other nitpicks (i.e. changed placement of some monster spawns, etc.)

4. working titlepatch

5. more health, armor, and ammo to make the fight more fair. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm4j7jxtvtfi7rk/harkonnen.zip?dl=0

as said above, MAP02, GZDoom.

I can't wait to see what the rest of you guys do!

I beat your level.

Oh my map made the cut, nice

I've checked the pk3 file and im unfamiliar with how the textures are loaded, however i found that copying the TEXTURE definitions from the wad i submited seems to fix the texture issues with my map, here's the updated textures definition

Spoiler

// Texture definitions generated by SLADE3
// on Wed May  9 00:07:50 2018

WallTexture "SW1BRIK2", 64, 128
{
	Patch "RW41_3", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S0", 16, 72
}

WallTexture "SW2BRIK2", 64, 128
{
	Patch "RW41_3", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S1", 16, 72
}

WallTexture "SW1BRIK3", 64, 128
{
	Patch "RW41_3", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S0", -16, 72
	Patch "SW1S0", 48, 72
}

WallTexture "SW2BRIK3", 64, 128
{
	Patch "RW41_3", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S1", -16, 72
	Patch "SW1S1", 48, 72
}

WallTexture "SW1BLAK", 64, 128
{
	Patch "ALLBLKW", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S0", 16, 72
}

WallTexture "SW2BLAK", 64, 128
{
	Patch "ALLBLKW", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S1", 16, 72
}

WallTexture "SW1BLAK2", 64, 128
{
	Patch "ALLBLKW", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S0", -16, 72
	Patch "SW1S0", 48, 72
}

WallTexture "SW2BLAK2", 64, 128
{
	Patch "ALLBLKW", 0, 0
	Patch "SW1S1", -16, 72
	Patch "SW1S1", 48, 72
}

WallTexture "ALLBLKW1", 64, 128
{
	Patch "ALLBLKW", 0, 0
}

Flat "ALLBLKF1", 64, 64
{
	Patch "ALLBLKF", 0, 0
}

Flat "ALLBLKF2", 64, 64
{
	Patch "ALLBLKF", 0, 0
}

Flat "ALLBLKF3", 64, 64
{
	Patch "ALLBLKF", 0, 0
}

Texture "SW1STON3", 128, 128
{
	Patch "W28_7", 0, 0
	Patch "W28_6", 0, 64
	Patch "W28_7", 64, 64
	Patch "W28_6", 64, 0
	Patch "SW1S0", 48, 72
}

Texture "SW2STON3", 128, 128
{
	Patch "W28_7", 0, 0
	Patch "W28_6", 0, 64
	Patch "W28_7", 64, 64
	Patch "W28_6", 64, 0
	Patch "SW1S1", 48, 72
}

Texture "N5GRAY02", 128, 64
{
	Patch "N5GRAY02", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5BRIK01", 128, 128
{
	Patch "N5BRKA01", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5BRIK02", 128, 128
{
	Patch "N5BRKA02", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5BRWN04", 128, 128
{
	Patch "N5BRWN04", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5GRAY01", 128, 64
{
	Patch "N5GRAY01", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META07", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META07", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META08", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META08", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META11", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META11", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META14", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META14", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META16", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META16", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META17", 8, 128
{
	Patch "N5META17", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META18", 128, 8
{
	Patch "N5META18", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META19", 16, 128
{
	Patch "N5META19", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META20", 128, 16
{
	Patch "N5META20", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META21", 8, 128
{
	Patch "N5META21", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META22", 128, 8
{
	Patch "N5META22", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META27", 64, 128
{
	Patch "WALL47_2", 0, 0
	Patch "N5META27", 0, 0
	Patch "N5META27", 40, 0
}

Texture "N5META29", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META29", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META30", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META30", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META31", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META31", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META32", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META32", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META33", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META33", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META34", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META34", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5META38", 64, 64
{
	Patch "N5META38", 0, 0
}

Texture "N5GRAY05", 128, 128
{
	Patch "N5META10", 0, 0
	Patch "N5META10", 64, 0
	Patch "N5GRAY02", 0, 31
}

Texture "N5META10", 64, 128
{
	Patch "N5META10", 0, 0
}

// End of texture definitions

Also you could replace the BIPLANE and ENGINE sounds with more compressed versions of those sounds, since they are quite heavy files. compressed sounds

If there are more changes to be fixed on my submission, i'll be glad to fix them

On 1/3/2018 at 6:16 PM, DanielAlexander said:

The Cathedral

cathedral2.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20180103_171450.png.21727a370df8e92ff745fccb88fbb950.png

Boom format

Textures: crusherexperiment1.9.2.wad, VHard.wad

Music: Knightrider of Doom - Battle of the Gods

I beat your level.

Regular version:

TBrown0065 version:

Checked my own map in my pack.

LoL, due to my ACS scripts also refers to MAP 01 - thunder weather effects and few cosmetic  moments didn't work NOW. It easy to fix (just change ACS argument Map01 to Map15).

Anyway, I think it's better that @94's the best style should do some fixes. I mean, when HUB map will appear, it will need some more work with maps. I could help, but as assisstant.