Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

17 hours ago, therektafire said:

I figured as much. So was the graveyard completed? Were screenshots added in the barrack rooms for each map? Also I just tested the current alpha (or at least the one linked in the OP) and it crashed when trying to access the hub. I got an error that said "unable to open map HUBMAP", this was when using the newest version of gzdoom (4.0.0), is the hub itself not in the pk3 yet

7 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

I have it, but I can't even comprehend how it was done, so I couldn't finish it. Which is why I moved on to the episodic idea.

Two questions then:

1. Does this mean we're going back to the hub concept? I'm not opposed to that, but it would be nice for us to pick a path.

2. What do you mean you couldn't comprehend how it was done?

On 4/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, therektafire said:

@Peglegwell I thought the hub was a good idea, it's just that I was admittedly too lazy to make it at the time, also @94's the best style what do you mean by you couldn't comprehend how it was done? Do you mean how to set up the hub map in the mapinfo?

I map for vanilla, I don't really get udmf.

@94's the best style @therektafire

Where do things stand with this project?

Are we going back to the hub idea? Are we asking someone with more experience with UDMF to compile it? Are we using an episodic format?

We have 20 maps that are finished and have just been sitting around months. What do you we need to do to finally finish this project and release it?

On 7/19/2019 at 7:58 AM, Pegleg said:

@94's the best style @therektafire

Where do things stand with this project?

Are we going back to the hub idea? Are we asking someone with more experience with UDMF to compile it? Are we using an episodic format?

We have 20 maps that are finished and have just been sitting around months. What do you we need to do to finally finish this project and release it?

I say screw the hub, just compile the maps and be done with it

Which version of this project is the most recent one? I'm going to take this if both leads won't show up soon and finish what's needed to be finished and create fresh new thread. If you all have any things to add, feel free mention me here or send message in pm. 

12 hours ago, Misty said:

Which version of this project is the most recent one? I'm going to take this if both leads won't show up soon and finish what's needed to be finished and create fresh new thread. If you all have any things to add, feel free mention me here or send message in pm. 

I'm pretty sure that I have the most recent version of all the maps zipped up in the file I linked in this message (from February). As I mentioned in the message, the zipped file doesn't contain all of the custom Map 666 stuff, but since that original message was directed at the creator of that level, I wasn't too worried about it.

Let me know if anything in there doesn't work. Or if either @94's the best style or @therektafire show up, let me know that, too.

There was always some discussion about the casting call for the monsters, last mentioned here.

I'm limited in what I have the knowledge to do, Misty, but if I'm able to help I would be glad to.

My plans for this moment:

1. Recompile set properly. That means - high skill requiring maps will go towards end of episode or as secret and swap some low/medium maps around episodes for more variety.
2. Fix decorate errors.
3. Rewrite zmapinfo and define 3 episodes as few pages earlier showed. 
4. Create fresh thread.

No hub map or else, too late for that. But, after new thread creation, I'll allow some small fixes. Seems Megablast did the most of the work in compiling, so I'll just base new pk3 on his old one and add what's missing from February.

@Pegleg do you know if map666 is in this thread? Also I'd like to get a proper list of people who contributed here with map names(no mentions). 

1 hour ago, Misty said:

do you know if map666 is in this thread?

It's linked here.

1 hour ago, Misty said:

a proper list of people who contributed here with map names

I'm reasonably sure these are the map titles with the author:

Gallow's Pole by Rolpa

Harkonnen by Major Arlene

Hell Knight's Tower by Empyre

Bricklinear Filtering by Worm318

Verdelho by Capellan

Charnel House of the Nobles by Pegleg

? (the name was never stated) by DogeSword

The Cathedral by Danlex (was DanielAlexander)

Return to the Tower of Babel by Đeⓧiaz

Prison Escape by DMPhobos

? (the name was never stated) by Bushpig2dope

Knee Deep in Baron Blood by UAC-Janitor

Pathways into Darkness by ShadowHog

In Vacuo by Plusw

Shelves of Anxiety by riderr3

Baron Zeppelin by DerFurer'sFace

Tower of Infinity by 94's the best style

Doomguy's Initiation by Big Ol Billy

Wolfenstein 3D: Legions of Death by Voltcom9

Cyberspace of the Hell Knight Realm by Misty

Boss Map (the name was never stated, but this is Map666) by 94's the best style

If one of the project leads doesn't return to reclaim everything and right the ship:

• If these titles aren't the correct titles, hopefully the authors will see the incorrect listing and correct them. This list is in the order from this post, which was roughly in order (within episodes) of difficulty, except in the middle where some hard and moderate difficulty maps got mixed together. Although if you want to recompile the order, you may want to check with Big Ol Billy and Megablast. They both played almost all the maps already, and they might be the only ones who did besides 94's the best style. Martiandoomer has played some of them, too.
  • I think the title that we settled on for the whole mapset would be Knightmare: 4800 Hell Knights (to take advantage of the 4800 HK recognition).
  • Would you want to rewrite the intermission screens? Or change the episodes themselves?

"Verdelho" is correct as the title of my map.  I'd be in favour of keeping maps in compatibility order first (and by difficulty within compatibility type), but I'm not going to fight to the death over it.

4 minutes ago, Pegleg said:
  • If these titles aren't the correct titles, hopefully the authors will see the incorrect listing and correct them. This list is in the order from this post, which was roughly in order (within episodes) of difficulty, except in the middle where some hard and moderate difficulty maps got mixed together. Although if you want to recompile the order, you may want to check with Big Ol Billy and Megablast. They both played almost all the maps already, and they might be the only ones who did besides 94's the best style. Martiandoomer has played some of them, too.
  • I think the title that we settled on for the whole mapset would be Knightmare: 4800 Hell Knights (to take advantage of the 4800 HK recognition).
  • Would you want to rewrite the intermission screens? Or change the episodes themselves?

To answer first graph, my intention is that every episode have one low skill map and and two medium skill maps, because order now is mixed up and I prefer more gradual approach from relatively easy to damn hard. Judging by those two screens in earlier pages, everything should go smooth as there are enough low and medium maps for each episode. Unless there are people who disagree with me about this approach.

Second graph - most likely, I'll leave this name, I want release this set soon as possible and I don't really want jump between titles and waste our precious time.

Third graph - I'll leave defined episodes, pics as intended. This set needs rewritten zmapinfo and bossback pic. Maybe nice intertext to tell sort of story like in Ultimate Doom. 

If there are any questions and suggestions, tell me. 

Okay, I'm writing second post here. I came up with new map order and I'd like to hear some opinions. It goes from easy to really hard for each episode. I didn't include map666 yet, not sure about state of map(I'll test tomorrow, because it's night here).

episode 1: HK's on Earth
- Hell knight's tower
- Prison Escape
- Ashelves
- In Vacu0
- Pathways to Darkness
- Tower of Infinity

episode 2: HK's in hell
- Harkonnen
- Baron Skies
- Bricklinear Filtering
- Verdelho
- Back to the Tower of Babel

episode 3: Op. Hell to Pay
- Gallow's pole
- Cyberspace of HK realm
- Charnel house of the nobles
- knee deep in baron blood
- wolf 3d legions of the death (could be a secret map if possible)
- Doomguy's initiation
- The Cathedral

My Hell Knight's Tower is supposed to have the red hell sky showing through the windows.  That would place it at the beginning of episode 2.

Given this is a ZDoom project, you could just use ZMAPINFO to change the map's sky. I don't know that a bunch of disparate maps with only the number of Hell Knights and Megaspheres in common is going to have much in the way of sensible map progression, anyway, so the sky being different in one map probably won't matter too much.

9 minutes ago, Empyre said:

My Hell Knight's Tower is supposed to have the red hell sky showing through the windows.  That would place it at the beginning of episode 2.

I can swap places, it's not set in stone yet. 

I’m very pleased that life is being re-breathed into this project. If you want Misty, if my map is going to be in hell I can edit the map so the sky and the clouds are red instead of brown. This may obscure the biplanes a bit though. I need to edit the map for cleanup anyways.

also officially my maps name was Baron Skies,  baron zepplin was the old first-run name. 

As I said, things are not set in stone yet, so I can swap things around for optimal map order. After this thing and proper pk3 compilation, I'll create fresh new thread and allow some fixes with hard set deadline. It should be really soon, if both leads won't show up. 

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Okay, I'm writing second post here. I came up with new map order and I'd like to hear some opinions. It goes from easy to really hard for each episode. I didn't include map666 yet, not sure about state of map(I'll test tomorrow, because it's night here).

episode 1: HK's on Earth
- Hell knight's tower
- Prison Escape
- Ashelves
- In Vacu0
- Pathways to Darkness
- Tower of Infinity

episode 2: HK's in hell
- Harkonnen
- Baron Skies
- Bricklinear Filtering
- Verdelho
- Back to the Tower of Babel

episode 3: Op. Hell to Pay
- Gallow's pole
- Cyberspace of HK realm
- Charnel house of the nobles
- knee deep in baron blood
- wolf 3d legions of the death (could be a secret map if possible)
- Doomguy's initiation
- The Cathedral

My map isnt listed? Hellknight Craft

I saw an excel pic in last page and, looks like your map is not named there. Maybe they forgot?
and Misty probably took that list into consideration....

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

I saw an excel pic in last page and, looks like your map is not named there. Maybe they forgot?

Yeah I've actually said quite a few times my map is being left out of lists and things. But considering noones working on the project noone has fixed it

Maybe I can check your map and see how it is and tell the difficulty to her, if you want.
I'd like to help her with some stuff.

@Bushpig2dopeSo, I played your map and, the difficulty is from medium to hard. I never expected to be based on Minecraft. It was good, with all the textures placed and, having the stuff placed in the chests, furnaces, crafting table and other items coming from that game. The fights are manageable with all the HK's involved and all the rest of monsters, including the cybies. I think, from the looks of it, it would qualify as a super secret map because of the theme used.

Thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Bushpig2dope said:

My map isnt listed? Hellknight Craft

1 hour ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Yeah I've actually said quite a few times my map is being left out of lists and things. But considering noones working on the project noone has fixed it

Good thing you mentioned your map, so I can include in compilation. The earlier the better. Most likely I'll put this in ep2 if you don't mind, unless you want this map added in other episodes. 

13 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I included your map in the compilation that I sent earlier this year to 94's the best when he tried to get this project wrapped up, so it was included in the zip file that was linked in the message I sent to Misty. I had included your map in the list to her, but I didn't know the title. @Doge Sword suffers from the same problem; I didn't know the title of that map, which is why it was also listed with "?" as the title in the list. So you may want to update Misty on the title.

@Misty Were all the maps in the zip file? Or was there a problem with it?

2 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Were all the maps in the zip file? Or was there a problem with it?

I'm going to check entire thread for missing names and maps, using your given list. Also, replay maps again and fix order, check all skies, so no one is left behind. 

22 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

@Bushpig2dopeSo, I played your map and, the difficulty is from medium to hard. I never expected to be based on Minecraft. It was good, with all the textures placed and, having the stuff placed in the chests, furnaces, crafting table and other items coming from that game. The fights are manageable with all the HK's involved and all the rest of monsters, including the cybies. I think, from the looks of it, it would qualify as a super secret map because of the theme used.

Thumbs up.

21 hours ago, Misty said:

Good thing you mentioned your map, so I can include in compilation. The earlier the better. Most likely I'll put this in ep2 if you don't mind, unless you want this map added in other episodes. 

I don't mind if its a secret or in ep 2, both works for me!
Thanks for the feedback as well Leo :)

I'm bumping to tell this, that new rc1 for this project can be found here:

Feel free comment and share thoughts