Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poncho

Recording demos and complevels

(Hopefully someone reads this):

Just a short little thread here (I imagine, anyway); I'm rather new to the Doom community, and I was just want to ask: how can I record a demo on my Boom port, then upload it to the DSDA, preferably with a text file.

Oh, and also, can someone explain what a complevel is, and how I know which one to use?

Cheers.

One thing: how do you find the command line? I've searched everywhere and I can't find it (its name, location, etc).

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

When you want to record, set up a batch file as detailed here. They will save you a lot of hassle.

if your wads and source ports are in the same folder then you dont need all the extra path stuff, e.g.

glboom-plus -iwad doom2.wad -file altitude.wad -warp 01 -skill 4 -complevel 2 -record altitude

Okay, I've successfully recorded a demo (about time), but how do I upload it to DSDA with a text file? (final post from me, I swear).

The simplest way is to post it in the appropriate thread in this subforum by uploading a zip file with the demo and a text file. The sticky has links to some of the bigger threads. Looking up some demos of the desired wad/format on DSDA will usually tell you how to name the files properly. If you can't find a dedicated thread for a wad, odds are it belongs in the active Misc Demos thread. Mapsets often get their own threads, but if you aren't sure whether to start a new thread or how to do so properly, just go for the Misc Demos thread, and the subforum bot (goes by the codename dew, for 'demo extraction wizard') will split it into a new thread if it should get one.

Edited by rdwpa