Find results in...
læmænt

Should weed be legalised?

Should weed be legalised?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should weed be legalised?

• Yes
    • No

Fredrik, what the fuck is that in your avatar?
I voted YES. Smoking weed is legalized in Holland, and I don't see any problems caused by weed. I do see a lot of problems caused by drunken people so if that's legal, I don't see a reason not to legalize weed..

No it shouldn't be legalized. I read in the paper that Ottawa just legalized it and I nearly shit my pants. They should have banned smoking altogether. Fucking disgusting.

Disgusting dirty habit. I already have enough of breathing in other people's cigarette smoke, and being forced into this would be a joke.

I hope you realize that marijuana would be regulated just like tobacco, but your mind probably hasn't.... well, you know.

smoking any kind of substance in public is very arrogant and non-considerate towards other people. Whether you wanna fuck up your lives or not is none of my business though.

AndrewB said:

I hope you realize that marijuana would be regulated just like tobacco, but your mind probably hasn't.... well, you know.

No shit, really? You mean that the quality of the product would be subject to government standards? Or do you mean the government would heavily tax it, thus providing more money for public services? God forbid! What a terrible idea!

Public services. You must not be in the same country as me. That's gonna keep me laughing all day at work. We all know that money is going to end up in uncle sam's fat fucking pockets.

Sam's pockets is 100x better a place than where it's going now. Uncle sam can break Mr. Gates' record for all I care.

Do not ignore teh AndrewB this time, he's right, marijuana most definatly should be legalized. It's a lot less harmfull than alcohol, being high still allows you to do most things such as driving a car and studying for a final, and it's a pretty peacfull drug. You just want to sit down, eat something, and listen to music. There is absolutly no way of ODing from it like there is with alcohol. And It would get rid of a lot of violence since people around my age wouldn't have as many reasons to grab a brick and start pounding the kid that ripped them off on a few sacks of weed.

Plus, a lot of new research shows that weed actually helps protect brain cells and not kill them. I didn't look into this though, so don't start arguing with me about it. Regardless, if alcohol is legal there is no fucking reason in hell weed shouldn't be.

if alcohol is legal there is no fucking reason in hell weed shouldn't be

There's no reason in hell why alcohol should be legal in the first place. Except that some people just can't accept a life free of it, so they wouldn't accept banning it.

Fredrik said:

I just explained why it didn't work.

Fredrik said:

There's no reason why alcohol should be legal in the first place.

So you explained that prohibition didn't work, yet you say that prohibition should never have been repealed.

It wasn't ever prohibited here.

But I know what would happen.

People aren't ready. Much education remains.

GS-1719 said:

People are too hopelessly dependent on the drug.

In lots of cases, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Fredrik said:

There's no reason in hell why alcohol should be legal in the first place. Except that some people just can't accept a life free of it, so they wouldn't accept banning it.

Look, the majority of people like alcohol, and like to have fun while on it. Living day in and day out your same sober self got boring to me, and most other people back in the early teens. I don't really care if it's damaging, sometimes a little experimenting in your life is a lot more beneficial than a few brain cells you lose.

If not for weed most of my friends would still be christians today, they'd still never consider anything new if they already had their own idea on the subject, and they would still hold that childhood image of drugs being poison.

I don't understand how smokers could be so oblivious or just not care that they're pissing people off everywhere they go.

elbryan42 said:

I don't understand how smokers could be so oblivious or just not care that they're pissing people off everywhere they go.

Well I'm a smoker and I'm kind enough not to blow my smoke near anyone. Smoking is not allowed in public buildings, so I'm forced to go outside.

bigbadgangsta said:

Well I'm a smoker and I'm kind enough not to blow my smoke near anyone. Smoking is not allowed in public buildings, so I'm forced to go outside.

Why do you smoke?