Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeeWen

Relyctum.wad

On 9/5/2022 at 11:24 PM, Firedust said:

Is the final release of this available anywhere or is the project still ongoing?

Corrections and testing are being done slowly. It takes a lot of time, you have to take it from other projects.

So I decided to stop waiting around and get going!

Downloaded the latest version off iddqd so hopefully that's the most up-to-date one.

Got a couple bugs to report!

In map 32, the masterminder teleporter closet is broken. Something isn't right with the linedef.

In map 16, there's a softlock - if you take the teleporter in the secret megasphere room and then jump out of the lost soul/pain elemental closet, there's no way to get back. Past the blue door, the grey bar blocking the path cannot be lowered, and supposedly that's the only way into the nukage area.

I will edit this post if I run into any more bugs! Great maps so far!

Map 17: sector 606 with hell knights is broken. They are all deaf and the middle ones can't even teleport in because of the mistagged linedefs.

Edited by Firedust

Took a few months off Doom but now I'm back in action, ready to finally complete this behemoth of a megawad!

In map 20, sector 2127 teleporter with 4 cacos is broken. VERY impressive city map.

19 hours ago, Firedust said:

Took a few months off Doom but now I'm back in action, ready to finally complete this behemoth of a megawad!

In map 20, sector 2127 teleporter with 4 cacos is broken. VERY impressive city map. 

Many thanks for the help in getting a high-quality game. All problems are recorded and will be eliminated in the final version if possible.

Map 21: sector 116, bottom teleporter close with Hell Knights is broken. I would also change the mastermind trap because there's a chance the player won't fire a shot in the blue key area if they killed everything in the vicinity beforehand - like I did, so the monster will never actually activate.

Last but not least, I've no idea what the intended progression was, but I jumped through the window towards the megasphere secret and I have a feeling that wasn't the generally intented method yet I couldn't figure out any other way to get to where the blue key is.

Also sector 864 lift has a HOM.

Map 22: Add more radsuits pls. Also, I recommend changing the damaging floors to 10 dmg, as health is very scarce...

Okay, the progression in this map is VERY obtuse. Oftentimes I would press a switch and have zero clue what it actually did. It doesn't help that the blue key you actually obtain is EXTREMELY far away from the switch that lowers it. I recommend adding some kind of indicator. Besides the switch that does lower it is on the side of the pillar the player won't check 99/100 times, so I suggest adding the switch on every side to make sure it's not missed. Last but not least, I think you should remove the switch that raises the bars to the exit switch because it's in a place the player is very unlikely to check, especially given the circumstances - you're dropping down to where a SMM and cyb are, and, invuln or not, the last thing you'll do is look back to check what's behind you. And if you do miss it, you have A LOT of backtracking to do, over 20 dmg floors no less, because the teleporter is in an entirely different area.

Map 23: Was this balanced for pistol start? I'm playing continuous and hopelessly running low on ammo...

There's also a shortcut to the bfg - you can just strafe across without ever needing the yellow key. Map is a banger, loving the high-intensity combat here.

SMM and cyberdemon teleporter closets are broken. Please, please add more ammo on UV. I was playing continuous and holding on for dear life. Combat itself isn't particularly difficult but the sheer number of viles and mancubi in the corridor section before the exit teleporter is insane - pistol starters won't have enough left in the tank to kill them all I feel.

Map 24: Blue Armor secret to the southeast is broken. The hidden switch doesn't work if you press or shoot it.

Once again, great map so far, reminds me of Hell Revealed but more polished, but it really needs more ammo. How are pistol starters supposed to kill the perched cyberdemons to the west and east of the big mud pool?

How do you kill the cyb in the tiny room close to where the secret soulsphere is?

Also, sector 57 pillars broken so there's currently no way to reach the red key.

Map 25: Stellar map, the way it eventually opens up with the corruption eating away at the techbase is simultaneously dreadful and awe-inspiring. Two things you might want to consider: make it easier for the player to access the blue exit bars once the blue key is collected because they may not remember where exactly they were. Secondly, add more ammo PLS. How do you expect pistol starters to get all the kills here? There are several cybs and a couple masterminds!

Map 27: Sector 856. If you press the switch before the floor is done lowering, the pillars won't rise and the player will be softlocked.

Map 28: You can actually break progression here in two ways:

Firstly you can jump into the lava by the small castle with the caged cyberdemon and thus completely negate the necessity to press the sector 157 switch.

Secondly you can strafe across on to the raisable bridge past the yellow bars without ever needing the yellow key.

Also, also, sector 187 bar had me very confused for a while because I hadn't realised you could simply interact with it to open it. Maybe remove it altogether or change its texturing?

Last but not least, the SMM in sector 1945 is stuck, unable to do anything - although this may be sourceport related. I'm using GZDoom.

Map 29: Sector 1188 HOM. This one's gonna take a while lol

These four caco closets are broken: https://prnt.sc/PB_uf9t4_rNV

These four mancubi can't teleport in due to a broken linedef: https://prnt.sc/PazrY8CPjY3f

These four cacos can't teleport in due to a broken linedef: https://prnt.sc/OJ-u4SqSzFho

These three cacos can't teleport in due to a broken linedef: https://prnt.sc/_TzRc8nj0DXQ

Edited by Firedust

Alright, this marks the end of my playthrough!

Thanks a ton for making this great megawad! I hope you found my bug reports useful.

I was going to ask, what was the other megawad (a remake, I think?) you released last year?

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

I was going to ask, what was the other megawad (a remake, I think?) you released last year?

Greenian.

(It's pretty great! Again, expect to take a longer time to play it than most megawads.)

17 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

Greenian.

(It's pretty great! Again, expect to take a longer time to play it than most megawads.)

Oh, yeah! Thank you :3

I don't mind longer megawads as long as they're fun!

CWILV07 says Mad Flow, inconsistent with Mud Flow in DEHACKED/MAPINFO.

CWILV09 says Screaming Tower, inconsistent with Screaming Towers.