Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Horrible Service

Okay, so here's what happens. Wednesday night we travel to Saskatoon. On the way, I play FF:MQ for SNES on my computer. We get to our destination. I take my packed bags into the house where we're staying, and head upstairs to use the cable internet. I pull the computer out of the bag and notice that there's only one battery inside. So I look in the bag and found the other battery which had fallen out. Do you believe it? It turns out the latch that releases the battery/floppy has broken off. What a bunch of garbage.

So I phone Dell the next morning. I'm put on hold for 15 FREAKING MINUTES. Like I have time to waste on the phone. I tell them about the problem, and they said a local technician will contact me in the next 48 hours. So I'm basically given two days to spend waiting and wondering. THANKS A LOT.

The moron never did phone back until the next morning. I had to spend a whole freaking minute explaining it to him. He said that he'd be over to fix it SOMETIME IN THE NEXT HALF-HOUR. Thanks, that's real punctual and informative there Mr. Moron! So I had to set up my computer in the meeting room and wait for the guy to show. He took every single sweet minute of his precious 30 minutes of time to show.

So he sits there for a half hour, takes it apart (and I mean ALL the way apart), puts on the new latch, puts it back together. Tests it. It works okay. So he gives me this document which I read and sign. He goes on his merry old way. Guess what? I look under the computer and THE LATCH CAME OFF AGAIN. I didn't even touch it. Just lifted it and there it was apart on the table. What a bunch of garbage.

So I phoned them back. Since, of course, it's Friday, it'll take them a day to send a whole new casing out from Toronto. And since we're going back home tonight, They won't be able to fix it until next Thursday! Almost a whole freaking week that I'll have to put up with having to slide the battery back in when I pull it out of the case. This is just too freaking much. I ought to bomb Dell headquarters.

AndrewB said:

AndrewB's rant

Heh, well, that certainly does suck...I had a problem with the HD on this computer, took them a fucking week to send us a new one...

BTW, your title sorta fits this post...

Ignore my bitching and moaning

:P
Just messing with you.

AndrewB's rant

Every day, thousands of children starve to death, and you complain about something like THAT?

Eww.

;)

What did the computer guy use to keep the latch on when he supposedly "attached" it? Glue?

I ought to bomb Dell headquarters

Yes, you should. Post haste.

Hey Andrew, most of that stuff sounds like "Good Service" to me, compared to what I'm used to. Only 15 minutes on hold? Not bad. Called back the very next morning, instead of two days later? Not bad. Come over within 1/2 hour? That's danged good! Then the new latch broke right off? THAT'S BAD!!! Put some tape over the battery compartment and away you go. :)

I want to kill that blond haired idiot on those Dell commericials. What a fag. "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell!"
In poor old Drew's case, "Dude, you're gettin' a POS!!"

Where is the Bard anyway? He hasn't been on the forums in quite a while...

Fredrik said:

;)

That's the biggest clue Fredrik will ever give you that he's being sarcastic, cherish it.

orion said:

That's the biggest clue Fredrik will ever give you that he's being sarcastic, cherish it.

I hesitated when thinking about adding that smiley. Who knows what could have happened? The universe collapsing? Vrack 3 getting released?!

I would never buy a computer from dell, gateway, or compaq, or any of those other piece of shit companies. But when i get my new laptop i may have no other choice. I would rather shoot myself than buy from gateway, those sony laptops look alright, but dells' at the top of the list right now. bah

anyone own a sony laptop? they any good?

AndrewB said:

Hmm, I guess my sarcasm wasn't blatant enough.

We're pretty used to you being serious so yeah you have to crank up the sarc-o-meter a little.

Submerge said:

DUCT TAPE: THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING. (Especially Fredrik.)

this reminds me of a joke about monkeys and duct tape.

Damn, my memory fades, along with my sense of reality.

ravage said:

this reminds me of a joke about monkeys and duct tape.

Damn, my memory fades, along with my sense of reality.

As long as you remember that the cieling and wall are not just one surface you are fine. My friend alweys gets lost on that one.

Actually, a distinctly more sucky thing is getting sacked (fired) from my job of two years because i took a day off to look after Jay and Raven cuz they had chest infections.

Even suckier than that is having to wait 2 months for the jobseekers allowance to be processed - we didn't even get the backdated money - during which time we had to live off the meagre money i received for untaken holidays from aforementioned workplace.

Add that to being given a shit reference by my old office manager - mainly because she's a catholic, and i'm a 'devil worshipper'. I couldn't even go to a Union or claim unfair dismissal because i was on a temporary contract at the time.

In other words : There are people out there who have it much worse.

p.s, i'm currently tearing my hair out trying to fix a PC. All of the above can be interpreted as a frustrated rant.

You want horrible service? I need to go to Fry's Electronics this weekend to get a couple of things.

Insomniac said:

Dude, i'm getting an Alienware!

and paying way too much money. then again, getting parts wholesale doesn't happen to everybody