it's old

Know what else is old? Doom.

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Know what else is old? Doom.

Know what else is gold? Doom.

xd.

2 people like this

@rehelekretep Well, I like maps more when there are secrets and puzzles because they add to the interest lol

1 person likes this

On 2017/12/31 at 4:52 AM, rehelekretep said:

and some of the progression is a bit confusing.

It's funny that I like Map20 the most and I'm fine with Map21 even I don't like confusing progression either. Compared to others, the maps are definitely confusing to other official WADs. Just being curious to ask, which map(s) do you find confusing?

Relating to the original question; I found TNT to be quite fun. Though the maps made by Drake O'Brien is a total pain (MAP20/21/27). The first few levels for TNT is memorable for me - having played them quite a bit when I was younger. Challenge wise, it feels about on par with a slightly harder Doom II level.

For the question from GarrettChan, MAP20/21/27. :P

Edited by Hellser
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

It's funny that I like Map20 the most and I'm fine with Map21 even I don't like confusing progression either. Compared to others, the maps are definitely confusing to other official WADs. Just being curious to ask, which map(s) do you find confusing?

god i cant remember off the top of my head unfortunately :(

1 minute ago, rehelekretep said:

god i cant remember off the top of my head unfortunately :(

Just idclev them quickly :D

@HellserYep, I know his maps are just like this. Funny enough, I don't really hate these maps, but it's very understandable hating these three maps.

for you, anything :p

04 if youre not going for the super quick exit

05 with all the funny corridors and doors

15 (secrets)

16 (all the verticality and funny lifts)

21 (so complex for my small brain :'( )

22 (just... why are you hidden!)

not as many as i remember, but enough to be quite irritating when youre just running around aimlessly.

still like it more than the other iwads though!

1 person likes this

It took me some time to get through TNT, my first attempt was in the second half of 2015 but I never sat down and went through the whole thing until March of last year. I would usually stop at or around map08 because at the time I found that map to be a chore to get through due to the end arena, however, once I got my some experience under my belt I managed to breeze through the rest of TNT. Well, it was not too difficult for me but there were still a couple instances where I managed to get held up yet was able prevail in the hope of finishing Final Doom. If this wasn't an IWAD I probably would of dropped it early on and looked the other way. I don't hate TNT but I just believe Plutonia is better since that has better level design in my opinion.

I actually really like MAP20, but MAP21 is awful.