Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

What PWAD map would you take back to 1993 to stun Id Software?

19 minutes ago, stru said:

Hdoom to show them what cancer is possible to design in their engine.

At least the author of HDoom isn't a huge cunt.

I think gos' pick of 20X7's map 8 is a good pick.  I'd be hard pressed to choose between that and Sunder map 10.

Map20: Misri Halek of Alien Vendetta. A pure spectacle to the eye and a fantastic adventure of a level.

Plugging one of my own here, 'cos it has a really cool transition from outside of a moving train, to inside a moving train as it goes into a tunnel, to top of the train inside the tunnel, to stopping the train at a train station, to underwater finale.

@Impie It is a total bummer that I cannot play Project Einherjar nor Midgard Outlaw my older laptop cannot run the newer version of GZdoom. Maybe if their was a version for Zandronum I would be able to play that.

It is hard to pick just one but this level peaks at the top of my list. Every Doom player should have this level on their hard drive by my opinion.

I would probably have to go with ZDCMP2, as someone already said.  As others have mentioned, it's pretty much a whole Doom game storyline in a single map, and it also feels much more like a direct descendant of Doom 1/2 in terms of its design and texture work.  That is, it says 'okay, we're going to have bases, rocky outdoor areas/caves, and Hell' rather than going off on its own with rainbow-colored void castles or whatever (no offense to people who dig that stuff).   I admit I may be slanting the premise of the thread a little bit in the direction of my own preferences, though-- the directive was the pick something to "impress/confuse/overwhelm" id-circa-1993, and I erred towards impressing/overwhelming them with an incredibly refined version of the game they were making, rather than just befuddling them to the point of uselessness with something that seemed completely unrelated, the way (say) The Sky May Be would.

^ No, You can't! Something of that technological scope and caliber will break their minds!

10 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

If I could, I would make this your custom title.

Well, no one else does it. Maybe I should start making slaughtermaps instead.