Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joe Todd

Memento Mori 2 Super Secret Levels

Does anyone know how to find those two super secret levels (Maps 33 and 34) of Memento Mori 2? I can't figure out. Anyone who knows how to reach them, please tell me by posting.

Start your game with 'doom2 -file mm2.wad mm2info.dat' ('doom2' can of course be a port of your choice). The first super-secret level will be map01, the second will be map02.

Be warned that both these maps are exceedingly crap ;)

BTW, just so you know for the future, the questions forum would probably be a more appropriate place for this kind of post (seeing as it is a question and everything ;) ).

Joe Todd said:

I can't find mm2info.dat in the zip. Where is it?

Probably in another ZIP in the MM directory at the archives. Use http://doomsearch.com/ to find the MM stuff if you don't already know exactly where it is (the themes dir, actually.)

Don't you think a zip with the same name as the dat file might just be the one with it in? ;)

Hmm, the TiC site.. that reminds me I wanted to look over their old reviews (out of curiosity.)

Heh. It's the MM2INFO pack; I downloaded that when I got MM2. I figured
out the secret level by chance when I opened up MM2INFO.DAT in a hex
editor by accident and noticed the 'PWAD' header.

I was so proud. :D The first level sucks, but the second isn't that bad.

Also, you may need to rename .dat to .wad for some ports, I don't know.

Heh, I just opened it in DeePSea and realized how they got it to work
the way they did; all the texts and pictures for the DAT are actually
standard Doom lumps. The descriptions are all readable from within
Wintex or DeePSea.

Neat idea. :)

VolteFace, yeah, doom doesn't need the wad file extension, any may be used (or none, or many, I bet.) And DATs are being used in some other instances, like legacy, and XWE takes it by default as an editing file type (which I personally disabled, as it's hardly ever used and many other files use that extension which I sometimes need to open with notepad or something.)

Joe, make sure you place the DAT after mm2.wad in the command line, or else the two maps will be overwritten by MM2's normal map01 and map02.

-file mm2.wad mm2info.dat (not the other way around.)

myk said:

Joe, make sure you place the DAT after mm2.wad in the command line, or else the two maps will be overwritten by MM2's normal map01 and map02.

-file mm2.wad mm2info.dat (not the other way around.)

I am using Boom, and it still won't work. I type boom -file mm2.wad mm2info.dat. I've also tried normal Doom with doom2 -file mm2.wad mm2info.dat. Why isn't it working?

NiGHTMARE said:

Be warned that both these maps are exceedingly crap ;)

Denis Moeller's one isn't too awful. But the one after that....WTF, it's like not even finished.

VolteFace said:

Rename mm2info.dat to mm2info.wad and then try it.

That's right... what I said above about WAD extensions in doom/doom2 is WRONG.

I typed boom -file mm2info.wad (didn't include mm2.wad, that is not needed), and when I loaded, I got an error stating "R_TextureNumForName: AWEVIL1 not found." Please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it.

Joe Todd said:

I typed boom -file mm2info.wad (didn't include mm2.wad, that is not needed), and when I loaded, I got an error stating "R_TextureNumForName: AWEVIL1 not found." Please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it.

It does indeed need mm2.wad, since the new maps use MM2 textures, so they call for info that's found in the WAD.

VolteFace said:

Rename mm2info.dat to mm2info.wad and then try it.

This is right. Then be sure to load both wads to play or watch the LMPs that you can download for it.